Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early SS Banner and french flag

Article about: So I came across a trunk full of some WW2 stuff. The lady I acquired it from said her husband gathered this stuff from his time in Europe during WW2. He passed away some years ago and was do

Default Early SS Banner and french flag

So I came across a trunk full of some WW2 stuff. The lady I acquired it from said her husband gathered this stuff from his time in Europe during WW2. He passed away some years ago and was doing some cleaning of her house.

The flags are what interested me the most. Especially the SS banner. The banner measures 10' long by 4' wide, has a loop on one end and appears to be made to hang vertically. It does not look machine made, and is two sided, same SS lightning bolts on each side.

The French flag is a bit smaller, also looks hand made. It measures 7' long by 45" wide, appears to have been torn off of its pole or rings.

I am very curious about the SS banner as I have not seen one like this before. Any ideas would be much appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early SS Banner and french flag   Early SS Banner and french flag  

Early SS Banner and french flag   Early SS Banner and french flag  

Early SS Banner and french flag  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SS Banner and french flag
    P
    Many

Default Re: Early SS Banner and french flag

Please use this guide and post photos directly to this thread. It saves moderators much time and the thread does not become useless when you remove, or someone else deletes your photos from outside photo hosting sites.
    New picture posting feature - How to guide !
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Welcome to the forum.

I have added the pics directly to your post. Please do this in future, as suggest by Ralph.

The SS banner is unusual. I can offer no opinion as to originality in this case.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Wow! Nice chest you have there I like the wedge cap!

It is a wall banner likely taken out of a SS facility.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Nice flag. What else did you get?

?

Welcome to the forum ncc74656,

That looks like a nice little box of treasures you may well have there. Could you possibly post a few more images when you get the chance? The SS Wall Banner looks like a very nice piece. Thanks for sharing these items with us all.

Regards,

Carl

Thanks everyone for the replies. My mistake for not reading the posting rules first, I will heed your advice in the future.

I can definitely post some more photos when I get back from the cabin, I just took a few photos and posted before I left.

There are quite a few interesting items in the chest, including the hat in the photo which is in great shape.

While I would like to know the valule of the items, I am more curious about the history than anything. Unfortunately the person I got it from didn't have much background.

?

I like the hat, it's striped red for artillery, and is an officer's cap because of the white striping elsewhere. It's called an "M38" for model 1938, and is probably worth about $400-$500 if not a little more, artillery is a common branch to find, but it looks like it's in great shape. I can't speak for the rest of the items, but I hope that this helps.
    Best,
    Eddie

Interesting lot, for sure. I especially like the nice French flag.(and the SS banner too, of course). I can see glimpses of some nice items in the trunk-including what looks like an officers side cap. What is the statue? If possible, please post photos of all of the rest of the items-they look full of possibilities!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."