Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Early SS Trumpet Banner

Article about: Hi Nick, My luck was fine until I joined this site...I got this banner from a private collector, the same one where I got the SS belt and buckle, and am waiting for his permission to mention

Default Re: Early SS Trumpet Banner

Hi Nick,
    My luck was fine until I joined this site...I got this banner from a private collector, the same one where I got the SS belt and buckle, and am waiting for his permission to mention his name and circumstances from where he obtained it.

Max

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SS Trumpet Banner
    P
    Many

Hi Ned,
    Klink would be proud!

Thanks, Max

This is the answer I receiver from the gentleman I bot the banner from: Hi Andy,

The trumpet banner came from sam nix , 15th army air corps and he brought the darn thing back !!! i still have his 15th usaaf patch. Those people make me sick. Its only real if its theirs. ran an add many years ago , he answered and I went and bought several items from him including a white top luft. officers visor hat , nskk dagger , about 200 or so german photos from him. Some other samll things. Thats been over 30 years ago. Start cramming.

Glenn

Quote by Max Hansen View Post
    This is the answer I receiver from the gentleman I bot the banner from: Hi Andy,

The trumpet banner came from sam nix , 15th army air corps and he brought the darn thing back !!! i still have his 15th usaaf patch. Those people make me sick. Its only real if its theirs. ran an add many years ago , he answered and I went and bought several items from him including a white top luft. officers visor hat , nskk dagger , about 200 or so german photos from him. Some other samll things. Thats been over 30 years ago. Start cramming.

Glenn
    Based on what I've seen in this thread, I would upon reading that email immediately lose faith in that seller. The 2 banners are identical and obviously mass produced, JMO.

Andy

So, does that make it a fake?

Max

?

Quote by Max Hansen View Post
    Those people make me sick.........
    ..........only when they point out fakes that person has sold as original........!

It would make him feel sick knowing he might have to refund!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

So say you "experts". I noticed that it only takes one person to deem an item as "not right" or "fake" and the rest follow like lemmings.

Max

Here is another response from the man I bot the banner from, funny I said the same thing it is so obvious.

Hi Andy,

That is very well true , they set back like vultures and wait until the first one lands and then they attack. Shows you what they really know as they set back unsure of what to say until another makes a statement and then they agree with what the first one says. Exact reason why many knowledgable collectors quit. Always will be one or a few who stay as it makes them feel important when they make a statement and the others follow suit. I am sure that no one agreed because the first one said something negative. Interesting what they would say if you asked why or whats wrong with it ? sure they will come up with some B/S but be sure it would not be true. The banner is real.

Glenn

?

I would completely disagree with that statement. I have no idea who you are calling an 'expert' but it is not a title anyone here would defer upon themselves.
    There are people in the hobby whose opinion is respected and ignored at peril. When those people give you an opinion on an item it is wise to at least hear what they say and take on board their point of view. If you can then offer a counter view then we can have a discussion about an item.
    I can assure you that there are no 'lemmings' here and I would appreciate it if you could retract that sweeping statement about the membership. Surely you believe this item to be real based upon what? A seller's story? You believe it to be real because of that? Would that not make you a 'lemming' too?

Getting back to the object in question, please offer a grounded and factual explanation of why you belive the banner to be a genuine piece. Back it up with evidence from reliable sources, not a website reknowned for dodgy items and you will earn some credibility. Please, educate us all.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Very nicely put. But you all act like experts who have the final word. Ok, lemmings was a bit over the top, there is ONE guy who defended a camo helmet I put up and that is Ned. My reliable source is the expert collector with vaults full of absolutely authentic SS gear, a full sniper suit included. He has collected from German and American vets all over the world, the banner passed all his tests for being genuine.I didn't say it was unique, the website did, but that doesn't make it fake.

Max

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast