Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Elegant Podium banner from Linz

Article about: Elegant Podium banner from Lindz, I assume that this is a NSDAP building banner? Never seen one like this...

?

Pics?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Elegant Podium banner from Linz
    P
    Many

Elegant Podium banner from LinzElegant Podium banner from Linz

- - ------- - -

sry for the late Answare i have in the Time much to do ^^

There is actually some unique film on Youtube of the American forces arriving in Linz, with soundtrack, on 5 May 1945. Shows lines of tanks arriving, and hundreds of German prisoners, some not in uniform waiting in the city square before being matched off. Also an interview with some people released from a concentration camp. These banners were probably taken as souvenirs in the days after the film was recorded.

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    There is actually some unique film on Youtube of the American forces arriving in Linz, with soundtrack, on 5 May 1945. Shows lines of tanks arriving, and hundreds of German prisoners, some not in uniform waiting in the city square before being matched off. Also an interview with some people released from a concentration camp. These banners were probably taken as souvenirs in the days after the film was recorded.
    I did see the video during my search of information... the Banner was signed VE day May 9th 1945... !! I love that detail... the only thing is... One cannot be fore sure if the banner was captured in Linz and then signed? Or captured at another location and then signed. I have to assume it was captured in Linz... as Hitler's home town of Linz. Hitler's plans for Linz are well known. He wanted to transform the city on the Danube into a cultural metropolis, with theatres, museums, art galleries and an enormous stadium. So maybe the Bannor came from one of many important NSDAP buildings... Traces of Evil: Remaining Nazi-era Sites in Austria

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2