Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Finally got my flag! Its huge!!!!

Article about: Just got my first TR flag in the post today after a load of hassle with canceled bids and item withdrawals. This is the flag that I posted pictures of on the forum to confirm its authenticit

?

Default My first TR flag.

Just got my first TR flag in the post today after a load of hassle with canceled bids and item withdrawals. This is the flag that I posted pictures of on the forum to confirm its authenticity last Thursday but I've actually got it now so I can post some of my own photos of it.
    I wasn't expecting it to be so big! I got this surprisingly large box and opened it to discover this huge flag inside when I was expecting something half the size! Its got a little bit of damage but its a nice flag.
    It belonged to the sellers uncle who brought it back from Normandy along with some other stuff. I've emailed him for more info so I'll update this thread when he replies. As this is the first flag I've bought I don't know much about them. someone said it was a vehicle flag but does anyone else have any ideas? Its dimensions are approximately 5ft by 3.5ft.

***UPDATE***
    So I got a reply from the seller! The story about the flag is the sellers uncle was French, and was with the French 2nd Armoured Division and he gathered some war 'trophies' during the 44 campaign in Normandy. The flag was taken by his uncle from a Panzer Officer who had used it to identify his tank and it was taken somewhere near Chambois. I would have liked to get more details about it but the uncle was apparently reluctant to talk about it because of all the death and now he has passed away unfortunately.

Last edited by Brutus; 03-01-2014 at 02:02 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finally got my flag! Its huge!!!!
    P
    Many

?

Looks a lot like this flag to me:

I'm no expert, but my best guess it's a "normal soldier flag", owned and used by a small group or maybe in parades and field marches.

Just a tip, measurements on the flag would make it easier for people with experience to identify the flag. Anyways, great buy!

?

Sweet!

?

Quote by Kevlar View Post
    Looks a lot like this flag to me:

I'm no expert, but my best guess it's a "normal soldier flag", owned and used by a small group or maybe in parades and field marches.

Just a tip, measurements on the flag would make it easier for people with experience to identify the flag. Anyways, great buy!
    I'm not so sure. My flag is about twice the size of the one in that photo.

Great buy,well done to you..........

I remember getting my first TR flag ( it's actually a banner ), like you I didn't think it would be large! Mines a vet cut down 4ft by 3ft. I'd think it would at least have been a 4ft by 12ftFinally got my flag! Its huge!!!!Finally got my flag! Its huge!!!!

?

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys!

Great looking flag. I'm looking forward to hearing more about its history. Congratulations!

?

So I got a reply from the seller! The story about the flag is the sellers uncle was French, and was with the French 2nd Armoured Division and he gathered some war 'trophies' during the 44 campaign in Normandy. The flag was taken by his uncle from a Panzer Officer who had used it to identify his tank and it was taken somewhere near Chambois. I would have liked to get more details about it but the uncle was apparently reluctant to talk about it because of all the death and now he has passed away unfortunately.

Beautiful flag, and very nice to have abit of a story.
    matty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast