Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Flag labeled IG Farbenindustrie AG Auschwitz-Monowitz???

Article about: I don't collect German military flags but whilst looking for something else came across this one for sale with a label purporting to be IG Farbenindustrie AG Auschwitz-Monowitz??? I am curio

Default Flag labeled IG Farbenindustrie AG Auschwitz-Monowitz???

I don't collect German military flags but whilst looking for something else came across this one for sale with a label purporting to be IG Farbenindustrie AG Auschwitz-Monowitz??? I am curious to know why would chemical company have a label on this flag or make this flag??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flag labeled IG Farbenindustrie AG Auschwitz-Monowitz???   Flag labeled IG Farbenindustrie AG Auschwitz-Monowitz???  

Flag labeled IG Farbenindustrie AG Auschwitz-Monowitz???  
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flag labeled IG Farbenindustrie AG Auschwitz-Monowitz???
    P
    Many

This is a military vehicle identification flag....perhaps for one of their cargo trucks? (Personally, I doubt this flag, though..)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Would need some better pictures, but as William said it not looking good. The corner grommets are important when looking at originality,
    Morris

Highly dubious.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I wondered why the label would not have been marked with "I. G. Auschwitz" which was the actual company name registered in Katowice in april 1941 for the I.G. Farbenindustrie AG company factory at Auschwitz.

Someone has been trying to pass off these flags with this dubious maker tag for some time now. Here is a link to a discussion thread on another forum some time ago where this very flag was shown for comments. What site is flogging this junk?

2 Superb Flags from auschwith II Monowitz KL for DISCUSSION - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Quote by FrankBooth View Post
    Someone has been trying to pass off these flags with this dubious maker tag for some time now. Here is a link to a discussion thread on another forum some time ago where this very flag was shown for comments. What site is flogging this junk?

2 Superb Flags from auschwith II Monowitz KL for DISCUSSION - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

3Reich-Collector.com

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    Spot on.
    Same photos, same item.

Possibly an original flag but the tag is certainly attached to add value to a common inexpensive flag.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Correct me if i am wrong, but didn't the Germans try to keep places like Auschwitz TOP TOP SECRET? I am thinking this is a fantasy piece

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast