Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The Flag That Never Was

Article about: About ten years ago, I had the opportunity to add this unusual flag to my collection. It is a proposed NSDAP Gaufahne. The corner patch holds the Gau name and is bordered in Gau Bordeaux col

?

What a remarkable fahne!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Flag That Never Was
    P
    Many

That is a very nice and very rare piece bob.

Just saw this. Old post but this is an amazing banner.

Thumbs down

Quote by irsto View Post
    I m not expert at all but somehow the font on the label and also on the flag looks too modern to me. Too mucho single malt perhaps... but i need my medicine...
    R
    The above statement is partially the reason so many collectors don't and will not share photographs of their items. If you don't know what you're talking about, just don't say anything! It's truly not my intent to chastise you, but your statement is completely incorrect and could cause great harm to this beautiful original piece.
    Anyways, thank you for sharing this Bob, I truly hope you continue to post your treasures as I always enjoy seeing them. Your collection is first-class. You have a very interesting flag here, and I wish you success on your search for information.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    The above statement is partially the reason so many collectors don't and will not share photographs of their items. If you don't know what you're talking about, just don't say anything! It's truly not my intent to chastise you, but your statement is completely incorrect and could cause great harm to this beautiful original piece.
    Anyways, thank you for sharing this Bob, I truly hope you continue to post your treasures as I always enjoy seeing them. Your collection is first-class. You have a very interesting flag here, and I wish you success on your search for information.
    A very valid post. I seriously doubt that the poster is an expert in typewriter fonts from the 1940's and 1950's. One must examine the item in total instead of one feature that may or maynot be in question. Is the RZM seal genuine? Is the construction of the flag correct? The answer to both are yes.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Bob, This is in no means a slight towards you or you banner / flag.. Perhaps if a Non-Moderator had presented this item they would have been shredded to pulp by now.. Again ..No offense ..Just my two cents.. Gwar

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Bob, This is in no means a slight towards you or you banner / flag.. Perhaps if a Non-Moderator had presented this item they would have been shredded to pulp by now.. Again ..No offense ..Just my two cents.. Gwar
    As a moderator, I would not have allowed that to happen. None of us learn anything when a genuine item is "shredded" by the unknowing. There is still a lot out there that we have not seen.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Perhaps its looks modern because of the amazing condition it is in after 70 years! I can ask around the small community of collectors I know outside of the forum to see if they have any information on this

?

Bob, You are a true gentleman.. And you are "Correct" I hope as a forum we can learn by your example of knowledge and instinct.. Informing others by your great expertise .. Rather than photographs and "Known" examples.. I think also.. That the forum should follow your forthright observations rather than just "Dis-regard" certain objects based on a premise of no exsistent information.. I have skimmed many of your posts.. Some ( if not most ) very informative..
    Perhaps in the future.. We as a forum can relish in many more interesting artifacts you have in your vast collection... Gwar...

?

Quote by irsto View Post
    As i sayd im not prof, but my typewriter from late 50´s to early 60` made exactly same font.
    R
    You are an expert on type fonts ?
    That is the silliest damn thing I have heard in a long time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast