Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this flag original?

Article about: Hay guys can you tell me weather this flag is good and how high I should pay if I want to make a profit? From the close up photo of the top you can see the white fabric that holds the rope h

?

Default Is this flag original?

Hay guys can you tell me weather this flag is good and how high I should pay if I want to make a profit? From the close up photo of the top you can see the white fabric that holds the rope has been cut off for some reason as well. Thanks.

Is this flag original?

Is this flag original?

Is this flag original?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this flag original?
    P
    Many

?

I'm thinking of going to £120 but I'm not sure.

I'm no expert, but from my own similar questions, it seems these flags are common. Condition is something you can be picky on if you're patient. That flag, from what I've gleaned here is probably not worth more than $100 US. Considerably less than you are considering. But, others may chime in with more experienced answers.

Quote by avenger View Post
    I'm no expert, but from my own similar questions, it seems these flags are common. Condition is something you can be picky on if you're patient. That flag, from what I've gleaned here is probably not worth more than $100. Considerably less than you are considering. But, others may chime in with more experienced answers.
    I agree.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Unfortunately, this flag has damage to it and no longer has any way to hang it, aside from using thumb tacks, of course. A shame, as it's a military style flag with the large roundel and swastika and would have been worth good money if it had been in fine shape. I remember, they used to refer to these kinds of flags as "Tank Flags", but they were, naturally, for most all military uses, and not just tanks. It was likely cut down from it's position by a liberating GI, as many wanted a specimen of the big swaz flags like this. As far as value, I would not think that anything more than $100 to, perhaps, $150 on a real good day would be out of line.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Personally, I would not buy this flag because of it's said damage, there are plenty of fine-looking flags out there if you look under every rock or wait a bit. As they say, do not give 120 GBP for it!

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Unfortunately, this flag has damage to it and no longer has any way to hang it, aside from using thumb tacks, of course. A shame, as it's a military style flag with the large roundel and swastika and would have been worth good money if it had been in fine shape. I remember, they used to refer to these kinds of flags as "Tank Flags", but they were, naturally, for most all military uses, and not just tanks. It was likely cut down from it's position by a liberating GI, as many wanted a specimen of the big swaz flags like this. As far as value, I would not think that anything more than $100 to, perhaps, $150 on a real good day would be out of line.
    Thanks for the advice. I have a nice tank flag with info on where it take from as well but I might have to sell it which is why I wanted to buy this one so I didn't have to sell my nice one. I guess I'll leave it then. Heres a link to my thread about my other flag. Finally got my flag! Its huge!!!!

?

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think I'll leave it.

?

The auction has 5 hours to go and its at £155 guess amateurs just see the flag and go nuts.

Maybe they want to collect the item and not just turn a quick profit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast