Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Flags?

Article about: Currently for sale at Tennants on 08 march the following three items

kc1
    ?

Default Flags?

Currently for sale at Tennants on 08 march the following three items
    Flags?Flags?Flags?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flags?
    P
    Many

Quote by kc1 View Post
    Currently for sale at Tennants on 08 march the following three items
    Another advertisement?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

These appear to be fanfare trumpet banners and not flags.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

kc1
    ?

The top one is supposed to be from some sort of farmers organisation, i believe from the auction speak description that the wheat ear and sword we later applied/painted on by hand presumably to a normal item. The organisation is unknown to me.
    The HJ item looks like someones mother ran it up i cant believe this was an authorised item.

?

Quote by kc1 View Post
    The top one is supposed to be from some sort of farmers organisation, i believe from the auction speak description that the wheat ear and sword we later applied/painted on by hand presumably to a normal item. The organisation is unknown to me.
    This is the symbol for the Reichsnährstand - the National Food Estate. No idea if its genuine.

?

I am sure you have seen photos of this organization's belt buckle. The swastika with the insignia is small. I have never come across one but I recall one on Manions in the 80's.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flags?  

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    These appear to be fanfare trumpet banners and not flags.
    The Reichsnährstand banner is one sided and quite large. From the catalogue: 'A Rare German Third Reich NSDAP Banner for Farm Workers, of crimson cotton, one side appliqued with a gold cotton sword and sheaf of corn over black swastika and white roundel, the reverse upper spandrels each printed in black ink "Landesbauernschaft Sudmark, Abt. JDA, Presse und Propaganda, Grasr. Salominiplatz 12", 153cm by 155cm'

Walk away....the only one that I have Any liking for is the Artillery...and it's pre-war dated, so of little value or interest in any case.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."