Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Frauenwerk banner?

Article about: Hello all, I was wondering if I might be able to get a little info on this banner I acquired recently. It is for the Frauenwerk organization which if I am not mistaken predated the Frauensch

UV light is not a definitive test many older fakes do not glow and it has long since been rebuked as a quick way to authenticate items.
    As for your banner the stitching I am not a fan of versus that of a lot of other period flags i have seen. Would it be possible to see the AElghiz up close and the Sunwheel up close it.

Morris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Frauenwerk banner?
    P
    Many

?

Hello Morris,
    thanks for your reply. I agree that UV is not a definitive test & actually I rarely have ever used it. These are the closest pics I can get at this time Not sure what the first word is in reference to but here are a few pics. Not sure whether they will be of any use or help but here they areFrauenwerk banner?Frauenwerk banner?Frauenwerk banner?Frauenwerk banner?Frauenwerk banner?Frauenwerk banner?Frauenwerk banner?Frauenwerk banner?
    Duzig(Bill)

Algiz is the the main insignia of the Frauenwerk

Frauenwerk banner?

MAP
    ?

Quote by Duzig View Post
    Thank you Ullergaard for your reply. I took a couple of pictures using a 24" inch UV light. I don't see any fluorescence so to me that's another indication that it is an original piece. I put a modern t-shirt & another one of my flags in two of the pics to see if there was a difference between the fluorescence. In one of the pics I put the light directly behind the red part of flag just to see if anything fluoresced. Again thanks for all comments and any other comments or info.
    Duzig(Bill)Attachment 1350303Attachment 1350304
    Thought I was watching a Star Wars movie for a moment
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2