MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

GDAO Flag

Article about: Hello all, Not too long ago I posted some pics of the GDAO poletop I picked up & now that I have acquired a flag for that organization I hope no one minds me posting a few pics of it. It

?

Default GDAO Flag

Hello all,
    Not too long ago I posted some pics of the GDAO poletop I picked up & now that I have acquired a flag for that organization I hope no one minds me posting a few pics of it.

It's roughly 48 inches across and 56 long including the fringe. The symbol and wording is sewn on, it is double sided. Both sides have some staining but to me it doesn't matter much. I am very happy to have gotten this for my collection & have sated my urge to acquire more items...at least for now. GDAO FlagGDAO FlagGDAO FlagGDAO Flag Does anyone have a picture of this flag or particularly the poletop on the pole? Most of the other finials I have have an actual socket for the pole to go into but on all the finials of this type, the bottom just has a fairly thin screw...what does that screw go into? Another piece that goes into the pole or what? Never thought too much about it so may be a stupid question but that's my question.
    Sorry the pics didn't come out in the order I thought they would but they are there.
    thanks for any help, comments or info.
    Duzig(Bill)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement GDAO Flag
    P
    Many

nice banner.

?

Hi Duzig,

a great and superb piece.
    Congrats....

So I guess this one is a piece you would like

harti

GDAO Flag

?

Hello,
    Ah, Harti, I indeed wouldn't mind having the flag you show in my collection too. Yours looks like it's in pristine shape with rings still attached and everything, beautiful piece you have there. Can you tell me, regarding the finial, how it would be attached to a pole? In any case, thanks for your comments and also for showing a beautiful example of this flag.
    thanks
    Duzig(Bill)

?

Sorry...I have no idea how to attach this one to a pole. So I guess it would be a hanging one maybe attached to a horizontally pole.
    But I'm not sure.

By the way...it's not my flag.
    You still can buy it at Wittmann Antique Militaria for about $1,495.

harti

?

Hello,
    Harti, thanks for your reply. As far as hanging the flag, I do not ask how that is done. I mean how does the actual finial attach to a pole,not the flag itself. Most of the finials I have or have seen have a polecup or area where the pole fits into. That's what I refer to.
    thanks again
    Duzig(Bill)

?

oh...I see. I guess this was a typical misunderstanding

?

Hello,
    Harti, thanks for your reply. I meant no offense in my previous answer and apologize if it came across that way.
    Duzig