Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

HJ unit flag

Article about: I have seen this for sale and would like your opinions please. I have asked the selle for size and original full res pics.

Default Re: HJ unit flag

If you can get a close up clear photo of the canton panel that would help a lot. It looks pretty promising from the photos shown to me, I would agree with Bob regarding the ink stamp however.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ unit flag
    P
    Many

Quote by Anzel View Post
    I am currently being seduced by the same flag. I obtained a better photo of the ink stamp. From what I can make out is the obvious: NSDAP, Hitler Jugend, ???? Saarlandern (30)?? Maybe...any idea...
    Bann 30 was named Bann Saarlautern in 1936 according to the Saris reference Handbook of the Hitlerjugend. Perhaps the stamp is legitimate? I've not seen one on an H.J. Gefolgschaftsfahne before, but I am sure there are a lot of things I've not seen.

The flag and the HJ Bann Saarlautern stamp look good to me...just my 2 cents,
    cheers, Glenn

?

I am feeling more confident about this flag. Would like to add it to HJ collection plus I do not have any HJ flags. Here are the pictures of the cantons. I am persistent because sometimes for better or worse things are not what they may seem at first glance. I wish the RZM rings were present ... What do you fellows think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ unit flag   HJ unit flag  

?

If I were in the position of acquiring it, i would be 70% confident it's ok. In hands is the true test. All of course, is my personal opinion. The weave seems ok.
    Dean

?

Dean,
    What is your primary concern? Is it the ink stamp? Just curious I am trying to learn more about cloth/flag identification.

?

Here's a different color weave but style seems to be similar. Also, here are the rings for the flag, a DAF. I
    Don't know if they're RZM ,they aren't marked.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ unit flag   HJ unit flag  

?

Looks like the cantons are made of different materials. I believe the HJ flag would have had seven rings. Unfortunately, I would not be able to handle this flag prior to buying. This would be a long distance purchase. I like your items reminds me of a deal gone bad on a DAF flag with canton and five RZM rings. PayPal took care of me when the sender/seller tried to get clever.

?

Frank any opinion on the cantons? Glenn I appreciate your two cents..

?

Actually, I have the whole DAF flag, just everything was in pieces, the silver tassels around the flag, the canton, two cog wheels and Swazis that go on both sides and the remainder of rings. Is was actually a sweet deal for everything at the flea market...about fifty bucks. I was and am still happy I jumped on it. I am going to have it restored and sewn back together properly eventually. It was one of my first pieces I ever got and started the addiction!
    Dean

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast