Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

HJ unit flag

Article about: I have seen this for sale and would like your opinions please. I have asked the selle for size and original full res pics.

Default Re: HJ unit flag

The canton panels look okay to me. They should have the same type of stitching as the example for the DAF has shown on the numerals. The material of the panel should be almost like canvas, very heavy and thick. The sizing appears to be okay also from the photos. The ink stamp is the only odd thing to me. Here's a close up shot of a D.J. Fahnlienfahne canton panel that I once owned for you to compare with.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ unit flag   HJ unit flag  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ unit flag
    P
    Many

?

Frank thanks for the pictures of your DAF example. I guess my only concern now is that I would be buying this realizing that in the future it will receive a lot of skepticism if I decide to sell in the future. According to the seller it was his German fathers flag. I know never fully buy the story but I just wanted to share it.

Mine was actually a D.J. example but I was referring to the D.A.F. example that Dean showed as the detailing of the stitching shows better in those photos. Personally if I bought the flag it would be as you say with the understanding that if trying to sell or move it on later there would be questions about the stamp. Also as said the item should never need a story to sell it. When I sell items the only questions I want to have to answer are "How much" and "what form of payment do you need".

nice original fahne imho its been shown around here before and was claimed it was vet bring back to the PA area by the then owners late father, it was also on the classifieds here at a decent price also! this was some time back.

?

Do you recall the asking price back then? Do you have an opinion on the ink stamp above the canton?

great item,HJ flags with rgt markings & makermarks etc are top shelf & rare

hi Anzel, just whats been said really there is no place for it, but whos to say it was not done period? but you never will tell for sure! imo its just a stamp disregard it and buy the flag $450 was being asked for this piece here sometime ago, i actually thought the enquirer quite genuine but that counts for nothing!

buy the item not the stamp

atb

Quote by Anzel View Post
    Frank thanks for the pictures of your DAF example. I guess my only concern now is that I would be buying this realizing that in the future it will receive a lot of skepticism if I decide to sell in the future. According to the seller it was his German fathers flag. I know never fully buy the story but I just wanted to share it.
    It is interesting that the ink stamp has relevance to the unit it is from. Perhaps Wilhelm Saris can chime in on this piece. The flag itself is genuine. I doubt the father's flag story as if this was the case, I doubt he would have desicrated his unit flag by cutting off the mounting rings. That is most likely GI work.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

To me the flag seems to be okay. When in 1935 the different forms of flags for the HJ-organization
    (Verordnungsblatt der Reichsjugendführung der HJ), nr.III/11 from March 21, 1935) were published,
    nothing was said about an ink-stamp to be used (the stamp with the flag 30 says Saarlautern in my
    opinion). This was the HJ headquarters (Dienststelle) since early 1935 ad remained as such. In 1934 this
    had been Saarlouis.
    Maybe the unit may have thought to stamp the flag, according to what was said in 1934 for the
    SA-armband (Anzugs-Ordnung für die SA from March 1, 1934). Any SA-armband had to be stamped
    according to "vorgesetzte SA-Dienststelle". Maybe someone's dad, who was in the SA, may have mentioned
    the stamp and so this was done by the highest in rank from the boys! This is just a thought!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3