Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Home made NSDAP Flag

Article about: I recently bought a lot from a Vet's estate. Everything was packed away in 4 German ammo crates that he labeled and mailed home. They sat untouched in the crates for the past 70 years. This

MAP
    ?

These are two of the four crates they were sent home in.....

For those of you with sharp eyes you will see that he got his serial # wrong on one of the boxes. LoL The one on the right matched up with his dog tags. And for you conspiracy theorists out there, no, they are not recent creations. I had to gently clean off 70 years of crud to reveal the name and address's.

Home made NSDAP Flag
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Home made NSDAP Flag
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Great find, I love seeing the whole group, these are truly time capsules.
    The flag is an enigma , and it may never be solved.
    Thanks for sharing.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Chris. Most of the stuff was junk or low value. But still a few nice items.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

CBH
    ?

May your next ammo box come with a KC.

The boxes look great.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Chris: doubt I will ever find another Vet lot.

Marty: Thanks. I think they look great. Of course untouched ones are more valuable, these have a bit more history to them.

Super post!

I love these "oddities" and the mysteries around them.

Very interesting indeed.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Possible. I do have another home made pendant. (I over paid for it but wanted it so...who cares).

It was (I think) for the BDM or maybe HJ....or maybe even RAD.
    HJ or BDM it is; not RAD.

Quote by MAP View Post
    I recently bought a lot from a Vet's estate. Everything was packed away in 4 German ammo crates that he labeled and mailed home. They sat untouched in the crates for the past 70 years.

This was one of the pieces. On the surface it obviously appeared to be homemade. Double sided. But when you look closer you can see that at one point in time there was a full machine stitched roundel that was removed. Not sure why this was done and replaced with this crudely made swastika. There is however no doubting it was period done given the provenance of the Lot.

An interesting piece for sure.
    I have a DAF flag that was unprofessionally assembled from another flag. The sewing and alignment is terrible. You can see the shadow of a larger rondel.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Reichpapers View Post
    I have a DAF flag that was unprofessionally assembled from another flag. The sewing and alignment is terrible. You can see the shadow of a larger rondel.
    I don't think we will ever know why. Just one of those things.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3