MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

How to Frame My Flag

Article about: Hello all i was just wondering on how to frame my TR flag the framing place said they would use glue or tacks which i don't want to damage my flag, i was wondering if there were any alternat

Default How to Frame My Flag

Hello all
    i was just wondering on how to frame my TR flag the framing place said they would use glue or tacks which i don't want to damage my flag, i was wondering if there were any alternative ideas on the process of doing it without damaging it? i know to use a UV protected glass but that's about it
    regards
    James

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How to Frame My Flag
    P
    Many

How big/ heavy is the flag? if you apply a thick backing to the frame it may be able to press the flag against the glass and hold it in place without any tacks or glue :-) I framed some boxing trunks that way.

I have framed a couple of flags. In fact, I am waiting to get a World War I UK flag back from the framers next week. The type of pressure framing that someone mentioned is good if the flag is really flat and they just literally squeeze the flag between the backing and the glass.

I did mine differently because they had ropes and toggles attached or grommets that would get in the way. Mine were stitched to an acid free cloth backing and then framed. A good framer will match the thread to the colors within the flag making them pretty much invisible. But, they are making small holes in the flag with a needle, so some people might not want to do that to a particularly valuable flag. My flags aren't terribly valuable, and I really enjoy having them hanging up. A word of caution though, custom framing can be really expensive. I paid $800 to frame a 2 foot by 4 foot flag. I framed another 3x5 flag and it was $1100. If you decide to custom frame, just be sure to explain in great detail what you are looking for so there is no misunderstandings and a good framer should already know to use archival, acid free materials, but you should mention it anyway.

its about 27.5 inch long and 23.5 inch high and is fairly thing heres a link to an old post of mine for picture references
    Nazi Flag help please

It doesnt look heavy so holding it in place with pressure should not be a problem, you can also frame it folded like I did here, but that is personal preference...
    How to Frame My Flag