Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How to hang flags on wall without thumbtacks

Article about: I hung a flag not to long with thumbtacks and let's just say it ripped a little.

Default How to hang flags on wall without thumbtacks

I hung a flag not to long with thumbtacks and let's just say it ripped a little.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How to hang flags on wall without thumbtacks
    P
    Many

Well there are many ways of doing this. What I've done is just use either nails or thumbtacks to hang a flag if there is existing string, rope, eyelets, ect. Another way I have hung flags is by buying a wooden dowel, and putting it through the hole/tube meant for a pole of some sorts and using rope or string tied around the dowel to hang it. It is hung similarly to a son in service flag. But if all else fails, just frame it.

Hope this helps,
    Matt.

try nails.-------------------lol.

Hello Tyler as KriegMann has suggested if eyelets are available or a dowell can be used that's the way to go. If neither are a option I find magnets are a good alternative. If it s a rather large flag you are attmping to display you will half to have some strong magnets though. Just my two cents perhaps some other members will have better suggestions? Best regards.

Don't the magnets leave indents on the flag after some time? Magnets and flags just sound scary to me.

Matt.

?

I've discovered tarp clips work well when installed to suit the need.
    Regards,
    John

If the flag is to be hung vertically and doesn't have eyelets, double sided adhesive velcro on the back of the header works ok if it's not subject to wind or breezes worrying it.
    Very small fold-back paper clamps screwed to the wall work, but they don't look very good. It's always a bit of a problem hanging horizontally, particularly if it's an historical flag and you don't want to damage it.

Cheers, Willie

Quote by KriegMann View Post
    Don't the magnets leave indents on the flag after some time? Magnets and flags just sound scary to me.

Matt.
    Not as scary as nails or thumb tacks!
    Ralph.
    Last edited by rbminis; 01-31-2014 at 06:02 PM.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by willie45 View Post
    If the flag is to be hung vertically and doesn't have eyelets, double sided adhesive velcro on the back of the header works ok if it's not subject to wind or breezes worrying it.
    Very small fold-back paper clamps screwed to the wall work, but they don't look very good. It's always a bit of a problem hanging horizontally, particularly if it's an historical flag and you don't want to damage it.

Cheers, Willie
    Do you mean you've put the adhesive side on the flag? Now that would truly scare me.

Quote by KriegMann View Post
    Do you mean you've put the adhesive side on the flag? Now that would truly scare me.
    Only with reproduction flags. I think it would be a bit extreme with a valuable original flag. I wouldn't put it on the flag itself, only on the header if it was a solid canvas or calico. The type of velcro we get here is only just adhesive, and doesn't cause too many contamination problems. It would be more likely to come undone and fall off the wall, rather than do any damage to the header.

Cheers,Willie.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast