Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How to look after my flag

Article about: Hi all i purchased a Nazi flag not long ago and posted pics on here and you guys said it was original, now my question is can i iron my flag or clean it somehow to make it look presentable?

Default How to look after my flag

Hi all
    i purchased a Nazi flag not long ago and posted pics on here and you guys said it was original, now my question is can i iron my flag or clean it somehow to make it look presentable?
    thanks guys
    regards
    James

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How to look after my flag
    P
    Many

It can be done but probably best to leave it as it is IMHO.

Use of modern washing powder will make it glow though gentle sponging with warm water might be done carefully and if you have to iron it place some other fabric between it and the iron and try just one small part first. But I would advise to leave it untouched.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi Jerry
    Thanks i wont wash it, im tossing up whether to iron it or not just because it was folded when posted and there is creases in it, but ill leave it for the time being, thanks for the fast reply jerry

Hi James, cleaning is really a no no. Colours can run etc.

Ironing depending on the type of construction could be damaging: but if it is just a screen printed flag you could VERY carefully press it, but cover it with a clean white towel or similar. Do not apply an iron directly.

Hanging the item in a steamy bathroom might help remove creases.

Always remember many items have been ruined by good intentions....

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade
    thanks
    its a three piece construction double sided if that helps
    James

?

As Ade said, I've had success with just hanging a flag for a few days, never tried the steam, but just letting it hang by its own weight gets good results

Hi James, is this the one?

Nazi Flag help please

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade
    Yep sure is
    James

?

As the saying goes, 'if it 'aint broke, don't fix it'.

Many collectors have ruined items in their collections by somehow believing that by cleaning or trying to make something look better they are doing the right thing.
    It really isn't and even if it is, any cleaning or restoration work should be carried out by someone who knows what they're doing and should not be attempted by anyone armed with a washing machine, modern washing powder and an iron.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi Guys
    Thanks for help, ill just leave it as it is at the moment thanks again for taking the time to help me out
    Cheers
    James

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast