Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

HQ Command flag?

Article about: Hi, I have this 400x295mm rectangular flag, dark yellow field divided by a black cross. It has been fixed, with hobnails, to a Heer tent pole section, which has a circular manufacturers stam

Default HQ Command flag?

Hi, I have this 400x295mm rectangular flag, dark yellow field divided by a black cross. It has been fixed, with hobnails, to a Heer tent pole section, which has a circular manufacturers stamp (Berlin) and an unreadable date?
    I think it's a Commanders flag, any suggestions?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HQ Command flag?   HQ Command flag?  

HQ Command flag?   HQ Command flag?  

HQ Command flag?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HQ Command flag?
    P
    Many

Just seen an identical one to this on wehrmacht-awards.com
    Yellow and Black Car pennant? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

I've had my one for over twenty five years.....

By the many views - and 0 comments - I don't think
    many have ever seen a flag such as this, including
    myself.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    By the many views - and 0 comments - I don't think
    many have ever seen a flag such as this, including
    myself.........
    Well, there are two on Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forum on which is mounted on a tent pole exactly like mine and the flag is documented elsewhere, also as a triangular pennant. Maybe it's just not very interesting....

?

I didnt know what to write Sir. I have never seen such a flag/ pennant before. It doesent mean it is a uninteresting piece of history.

Quote by TrondK View Post
    I didnt know what to write Sir. I have never seen such a flag/ pennant before. It doesent mean it is a uninteresting piece of history.
    Sorry, I wasn't being dismissive or rude, it's just that I've had it for more than twenty five years and it's just been stuck in a box until now, I've only just tried to find out what it is. I guess it's one of those things that had a use at the time.
    Thanks for responding, there is so much out there that needs uncovering and explaining!
    Happy hunting!

?

You should see if you could find a fitting period photo of one in use. print it in big format and in high quality resolution. Then you have a nice piece to have in your museum.

An interesting piece that is a first for me also. I note that Old Flags Wanted noted that positive identification of this flag has never been conformed in a period chart. Yes it is period made and provenance appears to identify it as German. The question is how does one confirm it's true identity of use.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Heck, I think it's a really cool flag and the fact that nobody can identify it, makes it more interesting! Reminds me of flags of the Gothic era that Knights used, which is a fascinating subject.

Cool flag!

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

From the dimensions and size it could possibly be a ships signal flag.