Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I'm new so bear with me

Article about: I think I'm getting the hang of this ... just posted some poor pictures of a helmet and now will try what I think are trumpet banners. The 31 st regiment one has me interested the most. Two

Default I'm new so bear with me

I'm new so bear with meI'm new so bear with meI'm new so bear with meI'm new so bear with meI'm new so bear with meI think I'm getting the hang of this ... just posted some poor pictures of a helmet and now will try what I think are trumpet banners.

The 31 st regiment one has me interested the most. Two side and looks like a gold thread and fringe. ?????
    The other is one sided.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I'm new so bear with me
    P
    Many

ww2fotos
    ?

Default Re: I'm new so bear with me

Great flags! You posted them under Russian flags, maybe a moderator will move it under Nazi flags.

Another to look at ... a different banner. One sided.

I'm new so bear with meI'm new so bear with meI'm new so bear with me

Crap, but thank you.
    See, it sux to be the new guy.

Quote by Rudolf Karl View Post
    Crap, but thank you.
    welcome mr new guy, this banners are amasing and rare as well, some you dont see every day

Nice banners, a good catch indeed! whereabouts did you get them?

Quote by klinger View Post
    welcome mr new guy, this banners are amasing and rare as well, some you dont see every day
    Many thanks. Having done many hours of research lately finally led me here and I think I can now find out what I have.
    Both banners are just great to hold, the Regimental one in particular. I did get some info on the Regiment itself but never found a 'banner' on line of that sort that was for sale.
    So I'm very much out in the cold on this one. As you may see there are some water spots but no holes.

Quote by Rommel1942 View Post
    Nice banners, a good catch indeed! whereabouts did you get them?
    Well the items I have were never considered a catch but I know a little of were they came from.
    Being that my father is German and I am German born many years ago ... 30+ ... there were two identical twin brothers that at
    the time were salesmen and came into my fathers glass shop. I remember the ones name as being Bud. Both served in the Army and as
    quiet and unassuming their characters were they brought back many 'things'.

My father made friends, like it or not you became a friend. Well the two brothers and a few other people figured if he's German and served
    there he should have these souvenirs. Well Pop didn't really want them but was gracious each time and more came. I feel sorry for my Dad
    because he always felt that because he was from Germany and had/has a accent everyone would call him a Nazi and hate him for it.

Talk, talk and more talk. But that is were much of the militaria came from.

He told me many stories and at 83 still will come up with a new one ... no b.s. He spent some time in a Russian spa.

I like the regiment one alot.

Quote by Rudolf Karl View Post
    Crap, but thank you.
    Welcome Rudolf, and very nice flags, banners. I hope you enjoy your stay with us!

Boridin

Thank you for the warm welcomes ... very appreciated.

I think I have time to take pictures today or this evening of most of my collection.
    I assume all markings are necessary but with the banners,flags ... close ups of the threading, tassels anything else?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast