Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Infantry 4 X 4 Regimental standard

Article about: I recently had the opportunity to see and handle a lovely mint example of the superbly crafted Infantry standard, which belongs to a friend of mine, here are a couple of shots of it, and I o

Default Infantry 4 X 4 Regimental standard

I recently had the opportunity to see and handle a lovely mint example of the superbly crafted Infantry standard,
    which belongs to a friend of mine, here are a couple of shots of it, and I own an example that was captured in
    Berlin by the Russians, which was cut from its pole, not as mint as my friends, but they sure do give a collection
    a bit of "oomph"...

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infantry 4 X 4 Regimental standard   Infantry 4 X 4 Regimental standard  

Infantry 4 X 4 Regimental standard   Infantry 4 X 4 Regimental standard  

Infantry 4 X 4 Regimental standard  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infantry 4 X 4 Regimental standard
    P
    Many

...and in 1945, during a victory parade in Moscow...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infantry 4 X 4 Regimental standard  

Wow, that is spectacular, makes my entire collection look like childs play.

To truly appreciate one of these you need to see it in person, they are stunning.

My Mum once restored one for a dealer. It came from Russia. It too had been cut from the pole and he wanted a new section of material adding to enable it to to placed back on a pole.

Thanks for posting these pics Bob!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

they are stunning,theres a old abandoned building in Germany the has a regimental standard painted on the ceiling at the top of the staircase,and its not been defaced.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    they are stunning,theres a old abandoned building in Germany the has a regimental standard painted on the ceiling at the top of the staircase,and its not been defaced.
    Many thanks guys, Harry, is there any chance of a photo of the one on the ceiling by chance ??

Best wishes

Bob

The workmanship of these is amazing. When they were attached to the pole, local dignataries were invited to come and pond in one of the mounting tacks. I had one that had been in the victory parade and later given to a museum in the Ukraine, where the infantry unit had fought and mauled by the Soviet forces. It is one of those things I am sorry I sold off.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Very nice Bob! Thanks for posting.
    I have seen detailed photos of one of these and have to say that the workmanship is nothing short of awe inspiring. I am only able to say that I have a table top version of one of these.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infantry 4 X 4 Regimental standard   Infantry 4 X 4 Regimental standard  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Lovely piece Ralph, yeah they are works of art...

A bit closer on the eagle.... (sorry for the reflection, mine is behind glass).

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infantry 4 X 4 Regimental standard