MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

KM flag... What do you think?

Article about: by Stinschen Thank you for the close-ups, IF this is a color run it would have to be caused by anything but water, that I know. But is it a color run or a spray paint run? It looks like over

?

Default Re: KM flag... What do you think?

It's definitely spray painted. A color run would not fade like that. I have done a fair amount of template spray painting, and this looks very familiar...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KM flag... What do you think?
    P
    Many

O.P., could you get clearer photos of this Flag?

EDIT: if you don´t intend to buy it, no reason to, don´t mind this post
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

O.P.??? Why would someone paint a flag? It isn't the best way to sell it especially when the paint starts appearing like this...

?

Ask the seller are there any more markings, I'm used to seeing the 'M' and adler (usually in black) on the trim.

Regarding the size, a 1.5mx2.5m flag puts it in the 500-1,500 ton class, i.e. larger than U-Boats, Torpedo Boats etc but smaller than destroyer class vessels.

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    O.P.??? Why would someone paint a flag? It isn't the best way to sell it especially when the paint starts appearing like this...
    OP means original poster
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Someone would paint a flag because they can, the fakers!! They are everywhere
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    It's definitely spray painted. A color run would not fade like that. I have done a fair amount of template spray painting, and this looks very familiar...
    I'm rather suspicious too Datrus, but I would like to give it every chance if possible.

Here is what the seller states about the flag : <<The words/numbers appearing on the seam:
    "Reichskriegsflg."
    "7"
    "150 x 250"
    "Plutzar and Brull KG., Bielitz O/S."
    An approval stamp: An eagle holding an encircled swastika, above the letter "M">>

Here is what the seller states about the flag : <<The words/numbers appearing on the seam:
    "Reichskriegsflg."
    "7"
    "150 x 250"
    "Plutzar and Brull KG., Bielitz O/S."
    An approval stamp: An eagle holding an encircled swastika, above the letter "M">>
    Thank you!
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

Quote by Stinschen View Post
    Someone would paint a flag because they can, the fakers!! They are everywhere
    Indeed. Those "sorts" burn helmets, drop acid onto awards and use any other foul methods they can think of to try and con collectors out of their hard earned money. Sometimes, it is enough to call Poirot.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast