Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

KM flag... What do you think?

Article about: by Stinschen Thank you for the close-ups, IF this is a color run it would have to be caused by anything but water, that I know. But is it a color run or a spray paint run? It looks like over

Default Re: KM flag... What do you think?

I don't have any more photos but if you want i'll post close ups of these above!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KM flag... What do you think?
    P
    Many

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    I don't have any more photos but if you want i'll post close ups of these above!
    No need to if you donĀ“t intend of buying it
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Okey...I'll toss in my two cents. For what it's worth, I believe that this, indeed, an actual Reichskrieg flag. They were not used exclusively by just the Navy, but many other agencies and services as well of course. This would naturally explain the lack of the usually seen Eagle and M markings. As for the color running, from the looks of it, it's been either splashed with some sort of chemical(alcohol, gasoline, etc) which would make the ink run in Only the place where it came in contact with the liquid as this one seems to have done. You can see other staining in the white circle area that looks like rust marks, etc which tells me this flag did get wet by Something other than water. So, in My view, it's original and a nice convenient size to display, but the ink bleeding from the chem exposure ruins it as far as I'm concerned as for any collectability or desire. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I fail to see an approval mark...no 'M' is visible to me I'm afraid. It is late though, and the last of the coffee has long since gone...as have my chances of seeing any markings.

I'd also agree with William above, genuine or not, the appearance has been tarnished too much for me.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Okey...I'll toss in my two cents. For what it's worth, I believe that this, indeed, an actual Reichskrieg flag. They were not used exclusively by just the Navy, but many other agencies and services as well of course. This would naturally explain the lack of the usually seen Eagle and M markings. As for the color running, from the looks of it, it's been either splashed with some sort of chemical(alcohol, gasoline, etc) which would make the ink run in Only the place where it came in contact with the liquid as this one seems to have done. You can see other staining in the white circle area that looks like rust marks, etc which tells me this flag did get wet by Something other than water. So, in My view, it's original and a nice convenient size to display, but the ink bleeding from the chem exposure ruins it as far as I'm concerned as for any collectability or desire. William
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    O.P.??? Why would someone paint a flag? It isn't the best way to sell it especially when the paint starts appearing like this...
    That is true, but stranger things have happened. IMO this is absolutely not paint/color runs. Try and put some liquid color on a piece of fabric and see for yourself what a color run is. Then try and spray paint the same cloth and make a comparison. It is, from the pics provided, absolutely clear that this is spray paint. The template was not pressed and sealed properly to the fabric when sprayed, and a fine mist of paint went between the fabric and template. Maybe, just maybe, this flag was once an original. I can't tell. But it is for sure ruined or a fake. IMO

Fake or real, it is indeed ruined. Oh such a horror!
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Thanks for you advices guys! I really admire this forum and the knowledge you get from it's members!!!!! I'll prefer a better example of this flag! Anyway i'll post the close ups for better viewing!

?

LizardKing, save your money. If I can make a polite suggestion...perhaps use a little of it to cover a club membership here on the forum...? Just think, it is the forum that has probably just saved you some money! And although these flags aren't bread 'n butter, so to speak...they are hardly hen's teeth either. There will be more chances, and you won't need to break the bank.

Thank you for the close-ups, IF this is a color run it would have to be caused by anything but water, that I know. But is it a color run or a spray paint run?
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast