Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine Flagge, Good or no?

Article about: Hi guys, I was offered this Flagge what are your thoughts? I did my homework and went through the forum(search function!) and it looks good compared to other examples posted on the forum, bu

?

Default Kriegsmarine Flagge, Good or no?

Hi guys,
    I was offered this Flagge what are your thoughts? I did my homework and went through the forum(search function!) and it looks good compared to other examples posted on the forum, but I like to check before I shell out any cash. Seller says that it is wool? Apparently, if it's real, this size flag(200x335) was used on Destroyers! My only worry is the abbrieviation of the size. Otherwise, the lettering looks ok, it has the reinforced corners, and the rope looks ok too?

Kriegsmarine Flagge, Good or no?Kriegsmarine Flagge, Good or no?Kriegsmarine Flagge, Good or no?Kriegsmarine Flagge, Good or no?Kriegsmarine Flagge, Good or no?Kriegsmarine Flagge, Good or no?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Flagge, Good or no?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kriegsmarine Flagge, Good or no?

Looks okey to Me, but it's in not the best shape. These Big flags are great(and yes-they do come even Bigger!), but they're also difficult to display. Hope it's not Too pricey. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I kinda like salty stuff, can't help it! I have a huge place in my new room that is totally bare, and is exactly 10x5, so this should be good. I found this on the Estand on the other site, seller started it at $450, I got him down to $300 shipping included, seems good to me. My GF is partly to blame for this btw; she like to read over my shoulder when I'm browsing these sites and she mentioned how much she liked the Kriegsflagge, so I started pointing them out to her, and got interested in them myself! Thanks for your input Wagriff, I might be getting another ring soon, and I'll send you pics when I do.
    Best,
    Eddie

$300 is a decent price, I think. Just be careful, if you intend to hang it. The weight of these big wool flags usually makes them end up stretching and sagging. Btw, If she likes the battleflags, you'd best not show her the State Service flag too, then. They're just as attractive as the Kriegs and more scarce to boot,IMO! Good luck on the ring! Am always interested in seeing new ones! William
    William

?

You think I should have tried to get him lower? Hmm, thanks for the advice on hanging it. Man, have you been spying on us?! She loves the state service flags too, haha. I recently saw a really big one go for $150 on an auction site, I didn't bid because I assumed it would go for too much so I just didn't pay attention, doh! State service flags would have flown over state buildings is that right?

$150 bucks was stealing it!(if it was straight,of course) They come around every so often, but they never Last long! And,yep-you're right-the State Service flags usually hung in the government office buildings and places like that. They were one of the main targets for the GI's -everyone wanted to get ahold of one. Beautiful flags!(but their close cousins the Kriegs are no slackers either!) William
    William

?

Man, I know, between that and an HJ flame trommel that went for $250 plus shipping on Ebay, (I know, but I've REALLY done my homework on German drums lately so I feel ok about using Ebay for stuff like that) I'm a bit mad at myself for not being more vigilant!

Quote by doomtown View Post
    I kinda like salty stuff, can't help it! I have a huge place in my new room that is totally bare, and is exactly 10x5, so this should be good. I found this on the Estand on the other site, seller started it at $450, I got him down to $300 shipping included, seems good to me. My GF is partly to blame for this btw; she like to read over my shoulder when I'm browsing these sites and she mentioned how much she liked the Kriegsflagge, so I started pointing them out to her, and got interested in them myself! Thanks for your input Wagriff, I might be getting another ring soon, and I'll send you pics when I do.
    Best,
    Eddie
    Its great that your girlfriend likes this stuff, myne does not.
    Anyway, i think 300 was a great price.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

?

Yeah, she took an interest in my helmets recently and now she wears my ww1 m16 and I wear my m35 when we watch tv, lol. She says that she thinks the m16 is a better helmet than the m35, haha. I think she's a keeper!