Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Kriegsmarine (Reichskriegsfahne) Flag...

Article about: Walkwolf, I ran the white trimmed edge (the edge that houses the rope) and it does seem to glow, although not near as strong as the white in my t-shirt. Makes it a little difficult to tell w

?

Default Re: Kriegsmarine (Reichskriegsfahne) Flag...

Walkwolf, I ran the white trimmed edge (the edge that houses the rope) and it does seem to glow, although not near as strong as the white in my t-shirt. Makes it a little difficult to tell whether its glowing or just illuminating. Regardless, if its a repro its a repro, and from what everyone is saying, this particular one (with the "Reichskriegsfahne" spelled out in all caps) is a common repro.

Oh well, as you said for $75 its still not a bad price for a display flag. I probably would have bought it regardless. Looks very nicely aged too so that adds to the look nicely

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!
    Dzyner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine (Reichskriegsfahne) Flag...
    P
    Many

?

Ok, so we've established that this "Reichskriegsfahne" marked flag is a fake, right? So is this fairly well known collector selling a fake, or were there indeed versions of this flag at this size produced in WWII, bearing the "Reichskriegsfahne" stamp?...

German Flags & Banners
    Reichskriegsfahne

Another example on an auction site. I understand this isn't a WWII dealer, but an example nonetheless. The bottom rope is correct according to Walkwolf; looped instead of loose...

GERMAN THIRD REICH KREIGSMARINE WWII BATTLE FLAG | Proxibid®

One more example from another collector site. This one includes the "Reichskriegsfahne" mark, plus other markings...

Reichskriegsfahne (Third Reich war flag), German (c 1939-45)

Are we 100% certain these were not made in 60x90 size? After running the white fabric under my black light again last night, I'm not certain the white was actually glowing. I know that sounds nuts because it either glows or it doesn't, right? I think the light may have just been illuminating the white, not glowing. The stitching certainly did not glow.

Quote by dzyner View Post
    Walkwolf, I ran the white trimmed edge (the edge that houses the rope) and it does seem to glow, although not near as strong as the white in my t-shirt. Makes it a little difficult to tell whether its glowing or just illuminating. Regardless, if its a repro its a repro, and from what everyone is saying, this particular one (with the "Reichskriegsfahne" spelled out in all caps) is a common repro.

Oh well, as you said for $75 its still not a bad price for a display flag. I probably would have bought it regardless. Looks very nicely aged too so that adds to the look nicely

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!
    Dzyner
    I found mine to glow only slightly, but enough to tell it is not right !
    It is only the threaded stitching on that white 'bunting' that should glow, and not the bunting itself.

Someplace on the forum is a list of the sizes these flags came in, and what boats or ships they were used on, but I cannot remember where.

They really are a nice looking flag, regardless............
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I agree Walkwolf, regardless they're very nice flags. Mine is especially nice because it has a very aged color to it.

FYI - the stitching on the bunting of mine definitely did not glow. In fact, the stitching was not as brightly illuminated as the white bunting itself under the black light.

I think I found the reference you're speaking of on another forum...

who made the flags ??? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Just search the page for "Reichskriegsfahne" and you'll find the description of what seems to be this flag under fakes. That being said, this thread is the result of member contributions and (IMHO) should be assumed correct until proof can be provided.

In the end, do I think my flag is a repro... ya, probably, but only based on what other more experienced forum members have stated to be the case. But until I see something showing definitive proof (especially since I think it passed the black light test) I'm going to remain neutral and treat it as if it is genuine.

I have to say I would not have bought it.

Cheers, Ade.

?

So we have completely established that the 60x90 flags are fakes? I have one sitting in my dinning room on loan for my inspection from a seller who swears it is a original brought back by a veteran. Neither of us are experts and we would love to know the facts.

?

Kriegsmarine (Reichskriegsfahne) Flag...Kriegsmarine (Reichskriegsfahne) Flag...Kriegsmarine (Reichskriegsfahne) Flag...Kriegsmarine (Reichskriegsfahne) Flag...Kriegsmarine (Reichskriegsfahne) Flag...Kriegsmarine (Reichskriegsfahne) Flag...Kriegsmarine (Reichskriegsfahne) Flag... Here are shots of the flag for your consideration. Any advice before we come to a deal is greatly appreciated.

The above flag is a 1970's fake, as is my example below.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine (Reichskriegsfahne) Flag...   Kriegsmarine (Reichskriegsfahne) Flag...  

Kriegsmarine (Reichskriegsfahne) Flag...  
    Regards,

Steve.

To my experience, I've never seen an original flag marked 60x90.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

So it is true that the 60x90s are a nicely made repro, but still a repro. I have a couple fakes made of poly from china as a backdrop to some real medals and my 98K. So I was stumped at the quality of the flag I was looking at. Seemed a little too much manufacturing effort to get the aged look, the materials feel and (yes, I did) the "old" smell. The makers were obviously commited to a quality repro.
    Thanks so much for the help in this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast