Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Kriegsmarine (Reichskriegsfahne) Flag...

Article about: Walkwolf, I ran the white trimmed edge (the edge that houses the rope) and it does seem to glow, although not near as strong as the white in my t-shirt. Makes it a little difficult to tell w

?

Default Re: Kriegsmarine (Reichskriegsfahne) Flag...

I also took from reading all of your discussions that the size was a clue, the fact that it said fahne and not flagge, did not have a manu mark, was not double looped (top and bottom) and did not have reinforced corners. I think that I don't know enough about originals to really mess around with buying flags. lol

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine (Reichskriegsfahne) Flag...
    P
    Many

Yes the 60x90 is a 1970s fake. My good friend walkwolf explained this to me when i posted a WW1 U-boot flag with the same markings
    Morris

So the size DOES matter... All my life was a myth!

Hi
    I just read this 2010 post and my face went to sort off ghostly color when i looked at the design of the outer black construction lines and how they did not join with the central circle, i was saying to myself after reading through "No don't !!"
    Quote by dzyner View Post
    I'm looking to purchase a 60cm x 90cm (2' x 3') Reichskriegsfahne and wanted to see what some of the flag enthusiasts think. Assuming its authentic it will be my first German flag, so I'm not at all versed on what to look for in fake or repro flags. I've had a look at some examples online, and here on this forum and did find at least one other that looks like the one I'm looking to purchase, where the only marking is the stamped, "Reichskriegsfahne" as shown in the photo below.

The fabric looks correct (more canvas looking versus cotton), and from what I can see in the photo the rope may be correct as well.

Thoughts??

very nice item,.top shelf

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3