Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Large Flag Vet bringback and signed!!!!

Article about: It is interesting how these signed flags have changed in the collector community as to historical value. When I started collecting, WW2 was not that distant a memory. Flags were one of the m

Default Large Flag Vet bringback and signed!!!!

Hi All,
    I just got this beauty today, its 9x4 and signed by 21 GI'S/Vets. This is my first GI signed flag and always wanted one, it came out of our classifieds here and I jumped on it. The flag is a bit faded probably from being displayed in the open all these years, it is a two sided printed swaz version, but only signed on one side, I am going to fold it and place it inside a display case just because of the size, it is neat to wonder where exactly this hung from or what town it was captured in, everytime you see period photo's of flags and banners hanging it makes you wonder if you have that exact one, most likely no but it definatly has been there, and smells like it too lol hope you like!!!
    Large Flag Vet bringback and signed!!!!Large Flag Vet bringback and signed!!!!Large Flag Vet bringback and signed!!!!Large Flag Vet bringback and signed!!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Large Flag Vet bringback and signed!!!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Large Flag Vet bringback and signed!!!!

Nice flag, congratulations! Is that the way you're going to display it??? That thing's huge!

You should try to locate some of those veterans!

So, you're not going to believe this... lol

I did some quick research and found Pfc. Ray Passerino. He is still alive and well in Connecticut. I called him and we talked for a while! He doesn't remember signing the flag but he was extremely giddy over it. He told me that he was in K company, 377th Infantry Regiment, 95th Infantry Division.

That's it, my forum work today is done.

P.S. He really wanted to see it, by the way. However he has no computer and no cell phone, so I'm not sure how that would be possible. He told me to call him again sometime to see how he's doing. I think I have finally made a veteran friend...

I may do some research on it but alot of old vets dont want to be bothered and most died or moved, so I wont be knocking on any doors holding a nazi flag lol.
    Update, whoa are you serious? You located him? Holy cow PM me I may want to call him also.

Dude, read post #4!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!

Haha... how cool is that, good job... damn fast too!!

I did, I updated post number 5 we are stepping over each other lol

If he doesn't have ANY digital means of receiving photos you could simply get his address and snail-mail him a few prints made from the photos you've taken of the flag... I just love stuff like this! Past meets present!

Good idea slados, I will call him tonight or tomorrow and see if he wants me to mail him some photos, hell if I get time this summer I would go meet him with the flag if he wanted, he is only 4 hours from me.
    Oh btw I already have his address, its on the flag!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast