Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Large Reichskriegsflagge

Article about: Hello, At a shop I saw this Reichskriegsflagge that is marked for the navy and it is large. It didn't have the maker mark or dimensions, but I held the one end up as high as I could reach an

Default Large Reichskriegsflagge

Hello,

At a shop I saw this Reichskriegsflagge that is marked for the navy and it is large. It didn't have the maker mark or dimensions, but I held the one end up as high as I could reach and it still touched the floor (at least 7 feet long). There are some tears in it as shown in the picture with some small holes in various places and one quarter-sized hole in the white section that is marked with the eagle over the M. They had it priced at $400 which I thought was high for its condition, but would it be a good buy at $300? Also let me know if it seems authentic, and sorry for no full pictures I had limited space to work with. Thanks!

Large ReichskriegsflaggeLarge ReichskriegsflaggeLarge ReichskriegsflaggeLarge Reichskriegsflagge

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Large Reichskriegsflagge
    P
    Many

I don't see a problem with this flag.
    It is worth whatever you are willing to pay for it, IMO.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Personally, considering it's ragged condition, I would not purchase this flag. It's size makes it impossible for the average person to display, unless you want to keep it eternally folded up and on a shelf. These huge battle flags are impressive, but at the end of the day, there really isn't all that much that you can do with them. You would be putting money into something that no one could ever see and admire.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I agree with both posts, it depends on how much I want to spend and how I can display it. Unless I get a good deal I'll pass. Does anyone know a way I can see what similar flags sold for on here?

I'd like to know from anyone else what they think about the authenticity. Thanks for the comments so far!

Of Course, it's certainly authentic!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Its 100% original. Some like a "minty" piece, some like the "been there" look. A matter of personal preference. Within this hobby, there are many things that are like owning a pink elephant. Search some dealer sites and see what they are selling for in different conditions.
    One more thing, I have noticed that large flags are a hard sell, It used to be dealers at gun/military shows all wanted one or two big flags to cover there tables at the end of the day. Just something to keep in mind. K

Yes it is an original.

Steve

Awesome, great feedback and I appreciate it. Sorry Wagriff, I didn't mean to write you off! I just like multiple opinions

Could use it as a bedspread after a little sewing job.........
    Regards,

Steve.