Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Blutfahne...

Article about: I've been in possesion of a nazi flag for about 5 years now, i keep it stored in an ornate wood box safe from the elements. Recently I came to a curious and probably rediculous question that

Blutman
    ?

Default My Blutfahne...

I've been in possesion of a nazi flag for about 5 years now, i keep it stored in an ornate wood box safe from the elements. Recently I came to a curious and probably rediculous question that has forced me to study it closer which you will see at the conclusion of this post and constructive critism is welcomed. This flag was obtained by an elderly neighbor that left the flag in his will to me, though the documentation ABOUT IT was destroyed by his lawyer to his request for some reason which upsets me.

It is 56'' x 37'' in dimension. its construction is heavy and what I would call a 4 piece construct, consisting of the red banner itself, the white circle, and the swastika itself is a 2 piece like 2 S's with one sewn ontop of the other (I can tell this because theres tiny holes that reveal it). The rope seems to be original as well, and the flag is tattered with possible bullet holes and the white center stained with what I think may be blood. I can get better pics of the stains if requested, takes the right light to see.

Now, my question is, could this be just another bloodflag...or could it be the real Blutfahne? my understanding of the blutfahne is that it had a tear in it that went unrepaired, and behold I have tears in it. If the real bloodflag survived under the theory that allied forces recovered pieces of it, seem to me as rough because it would have been damaged beyond recognition.

The fact this man had documentation and was intentionally destroyed after his passing seems all too 'Roswell' to me. I'm a believer and I think its still out there, or you never know, in the condition of mine it could be on my kitchen table right now

2. # ADS

Default Re: My Blutfahne...

nice flag you have there,,,but no,,,this is not THE blutfahne,,,i have heard from others that the ORIGINAL blutfahne did survive the war and that it is either in England or somewhere in Europe in very private collection...

Hello mate,

It would be nice wouldn't it! Unfortunately it's almost definately not the case. The original Blutfahne is generally accepted to have been destroyed by allied bombing of the Braunehause in Munich where it was displayed with other prominent nazi banners. The original flag had it's hoisting rope removed from its sleeve in the flag and was replaced by a red, white and black one that was intertwined around it. Yours shows no sign of this ever being done, it still has the original hoisting rope and snap tackle that was fitted to many, many thousands of everyday nazi flags. The measurements you give don't appear correct when i measured out the size on the floor and then looked at photo's of the original, it looks way off i'm affraid. Finally, the 'Roswellian' story that comes with it, the mysterious documentary evidence destroyed before it was gifted to you, is, in my view just that....Bunk. Sorry.

Cheers, Ned.
    Attached Images Attached Images My Blutfahne... 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Blutman
    ?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hello mate,

It would be nice wouldn't it! Unfortunately it's almost definately not the case. The original Blutfahne is generally accepted to have been destroyed by allied bombing of the Braunehause in Munich where it was displayed with other prominent nazi banners.
    I know about the brownhouse bombing and its the basis of beleif thats its destroyed, no doubt. as for additions made I thought it was a colored rope added and not sleeving so I misread that bit of history.

The old man got it from his deceased brother who died near the end of the war and I never got to see the documents and origin photos he had of it that would have improved its value, which I'm guessing thats what it was.

Just a further question: Jakob Grimminger, the bearer of the Blood-Flag survived the war and died in Germany in the 70's....Are there any interviews
    with him in existence?

?

It is what it is, a regular Swastika flag, no Blutfahne unfortunately. I'm not even sure the stains are blood, they look more like water damage.
    Here is a pic of Grimminger carrying the real Blutfahne, the dimensions are slightly different to yours.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Blutfahne...  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I've recently seen a WW2 blood stained flag and the stains looked like rust marks.
    Regards All, Simon.

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Just a further question: Jakob Grimminger, the bearer of the Blood-Flag survived the war and died in Germany in the 70's....Are there any interviews
    with him in existence?
    Hi Mac,

I've looked extensively for interviews with Grimminger and found nothing. Heres a brief biog about him, that's all i've got...

Jakob Grimminger was born in 1892 in Augsburg, Germany, and at the age of 16 enlisted in the Imperial German Army. He served as a mechanic in an Air Service Regiment from 1914 to 1917, transferring to the Infantry in August 1917. He saw one year of active service in Palestine and returned to Germany at the end of the war. He was discharged on April 3, 1919.

In 1922, Grimminger joined the Nazi Party and became a storm trooper in the Sturmabteilung, serving in the city of Munich. In 1926 he was selected to join an elite group of Storm Troopers known as the Schutzstaffel (the SS) and was enlisted as an private serving in the Nazi Party's National Headquarters in Munich. Between 1926 and 1942 he was promoted within the SS many times, finally reaching the rank of colonel in 1943.

In 1946, Grimminger was put on trial by the Allies on a criminal charge of membership in the SS. He was not sent to prison, but his financial assets were seized by the Allies in 1947.

By 1948, he was living in Munich, West Germany. In the 1950s, he briefly attempted to enter Munich politics and served a term as a Munich city counsellor. However, his status as a former SS-Colonel prevented him from continuing in politics and, by 1960, he had faded into obscurity.

Jakob Grimminger died in poverty on January 28, 1969, at the age of 76.

Cheers, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

In my opinion, after reading this...he was a man truly caught up in the whirlwinds of his age, serving his country faithfully since the age of 16...to die in poverty and obscurity is rather tragic. How many American 16yr olds would you find of his caliber today?

Blutman
    ?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    How many American 16yr olds would you find of his caliber today?
    I bid you godspeed on that quest.

our question is how many american 16yr olds would it take to equal his caliber?...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast