Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Nazi banner

Article about: Hello! I'am new in this site,but i must say this is best forum for WW2 Militaria collectors that there is! So i was interested that does anybody have nazi banner like these in he's collectio

Default Re: Nazi banner

A 1st Lt. of the 179th Infantry Division and one of his sergeants were the first soldiers in the Fuhrerbau. They loaded up with goodies, kept some and sold the rest. When they returned for more, the cupboard was bare. I indirectly got from the 1st Lt., the SS Signal Intermediate Stander w/ tassles and the command flag and 1st Sturmbann command wimple from Mathausen, SS Ostmark.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nazi banner
    P
    Many

?

Yes! That's incredible, Bob! Check out the link I posted a couple of posts ago...has an account of what you have just said...This guy had AH's personal diary and threw it in the three inches of water in the basement! he thought it was rubbish...but went back after a while and it was gone! He also thought a bunch of quarter sized diamonds were most likely fake and he gave them to an officer to let him hide the loot in his foot locker..as officers' foot locker wouldnt get search upon return to the states.

The Fuhrerbau basement also had storage room full of items given to Hitler for his 50th birthday in 1939. The dealer who obtained the flags from the vet also purchased several of these pieces. I recall one was a coal miner's lamp from a mining area of Germany with a dedication from the local S A Standarte.
    BOB

?

Interesting , Mr. Coleman. Thanks for this information!

Very nice banner Bob and thank you for sharing! I don't know how I missed this post.

?

Thanks for sharing Items from your amazing collection and your endless knowledge derived from experience!!!

UOTE=Aleksander P;1094686]Very nice banner Bob and thank you for sharing! I don't know how I missed this post.[/QUOTE]If you The book is published and available from R James Bender Publishing. It is the finest book ever written on the subject. It includes both period photos and photos of current known pieces that exist. Included in the book is a section on the SS Nachrichten Stander which are interested in these flags, I would recommend you buy "Deutschland Erwache"by Ulric of England.
    was still lost at the time of publication. This flag was found in the flag storage room in the Fuhrerbau. If you Google the publisher, you can find his web site and obtain the book directly from him.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nazi banner   Nazi banner  

BOB

?

This is probably a dumb question, but did all or most of these banners touch the blood flag? I don't know if that was something done with only a few banners at the Nuremberg rallies, or if all were meant to be 'sanctified' as such.

I've been meaning to get that book for a long time and it looks superb. I have Ulric of Englands; "Inside the Allgemeine-SS" and it also is really great, as Im really interested in early Sturmabteilung and Schutzstaffel.

Is that "Erwache" banner from your collection? It looks marvelous!

Quote by Erno View Post
    This is probably a dumb question, but did all or most of these banners touch the blood flag? I don't know if that was something done with only a few banners at the Nuremberg rallies, or if all were meant to be 'sanctified' as such.
    All of the DE's and the SS Nachrichten Stander were consecrated at Reichsparteitag. Ulric's book lists the year of consecraation for many of the flags.

I have owned the SS flag for nearly 17 years. It is one of my favorite pieces in the collection.
    BOB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast