Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nazi banner

Article about: I got mine for \\$80. It is a bit salty but displays nice.

Default Nazi banner

My now deceased father-in-law gave me this banner some years ago. He was in the artillery in Europe in WW II and found this banner in a town named Bad Orb in Germany. As you can see it's in great condition and is one of my prized collection pieces. Does anyone have an idea as what it's worth (it's not for sale though). Thanks!

Nazi banner
    Nazi banner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nazi banner
    P
    Many

Default Re: Nazi banner

Store it in an acid free tube or bag and roll it - don't fold it. Nice piece - brilliant color! NH

The bigger banners are cheaper because they are harder to display due to their size. Usually no more than $200 or so. Nice banner though.

Thanks Neil. Much too late to not fold it LOL. It's been folded and stored on the top shelf of my linen closet for the past 20 years or so. It's in really, really great shape with no deterioration whatsoever as far as I can see.

I've seen these sell for about $350...the problem is usually that they're simply too big to display, lol...Other opinions may differ...Best of luck with your family treasure...
    cheers, Glenn

Thanks for your reply. Not real concerned about dollar value. It's just nice to have some input and get an idea as to it's worth.

- - Updated - -

Thanks Glen.

?

Neil's advice regarding storage is good. Despite being folded in the past, it is well worthwhile doing so now. Above comments regarding value etc are pretty sound too, due to the size these larger pieces are not as sought after as the smaller pieces that can fit inside garages or work well as display backdrops. With the family connection, certainly a piece that should stay with you - just my opinion.

Regards,

Carl

Would anyone recommend steaming out the creases before storing in tube? Or is this a big no-no? I have a couple of banners which were folded but want to store them correctly in a tube.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Thanks Carl. I fully intend to hang on to it and keep it in my collection. Thanks for your input.
    John

That sounds like it would work okay but I'd be afraid I'd screw it up in the process. LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast