Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Nazi Banner. . . . War Souvenir

Article about: Thank you all! Any recomendations on how to store it? Currently it is locked up in my large gun safe but I am afraid of moths somehow getting inside and tearing it up

Thank you all! Any recomendations on how to store it? Currently it is locked up in my large gun safe but I am afraid of moths somehow getting inside and tearing it up

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nazi Banner. . . . War Souvenir
    P
    Many

Looks like it's made of cotton so you're good against moths.
    I roll flags up and store them in cardboard tubes - or if
    folded, in large zip-lock bags.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I think when I return to the states that I will roll it up. I do not like it having creases in it. Thanks for the advice Steve

A great item, I must get me one

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

You'll need a bigger pair of socks to hide that in!

?

VERY nice!!! I've always wanted to find one of these building/ long banners that weren't too large to display, like the 20ft. Long ones. The fact it's cotton ,multi-construction , double-sided, no damage( the stain is nothing,IMO ) , has manufacturers label, is a vet bring-back who's also family AND has recorded documentation of how it was obtained is a super plus! I hope you hang on to this and keep it in the family.

As for storing it, Steve has it right on
    I keep mine folded and/or rolled, then stored in a plastic zip up bag.
    Thanks very much for sharing it with us, Thad.
    Best,
    Dean.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nazi Banner. . . . War Souvenir  

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Looks like it's made of cotton so you're good against moths.
    I roll flags up and store them in cardboard tubes - or if
    folded, in large zip-lock bags.........
    Steve's advice is sound - rolled and tubed would be the best way to protect this piece.

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Dean I am holding onto all of Charlie's collection. One day I will pass it on to someone in my family who will appreciate it just as much as I do. If there is no one who will do that then I will sell it off as an entire collection, never individually. it deserves to stay together. Unfortunately when Charlie passed away, his sister did not inform my family. He used to tell me that he was scared of his sister because she always treated him and his wife horribly. Charlie was in the process of getting me the rest of his collection but never finished. He included my grandparents in his last will but because his sister never told us of his passing, they haven't seen any of the things that they were supposed to be left. When he passed, all of the rest of it disappeared He was part of Patton's 3rd Army. He told me that this banner was captured off of the Gestapo headquarters in Berlin when he went into the city after its fall to the Soviets. If this is true or not, I do not know. I do have audio recordings of him saying this but I also know that it might have been hard for him to get into the city.

Great banner indeed.

Thank you Kevin!

- - ------- - -

Thank you Kevin!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast