MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Nazi flag

Article about: Hello this is a nazi flag, but I don't know enough about it to recognize if it is an original one are a fake one. Please, help me

Question Nazi flag

Hello this is a nazi flag, but I don't know enough about it to recognize if it is an original one are a fake one. Please, help me
    Nazi flagNazi flag

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nazi flag
    P
    Many

Hello Jonas sorry for the late response here. But better pictures would be needed to tell for sure. But honestly with all the markings on the bunted edge I'd leave it alone. When I see the Heer style adler stamp and NSDAP etc on the bunting it s overkill. And would be odd for that to be done in period it's obviously meant to be a national party flag so why the need to state it as NSDAP? Who else would of flown it at the time. To the best of my knowledge the only time a flag will be marked branch specific would be for KM they were size specific to the vessel and also reinforced with additional stitching on the trailing edge to avoid fraying being exposed to high winds. Other than that you may see a makers mark or tag and or size. Aside from that I wouldn't feel comfortable buying one as period original flags are plentiful and affordable. Kindest regards.

Brian

Sorry its fake with them markings

A known fake type. See thread started by Blackbox on 8/15/2018 in this forum.

RMD
    ?

Hey there, bsiwula1.. Have a quick question for you. Are you saying that original NSDAP party flags are plentiful? Am I reading this right? I just ask because I can never seem to find one that is in good condition. Maybe I just need to search better? I was under the impression that these flags are now extremely rare.

Take care.

Standard NSDAP flags are easy to find if you look in the right places. Most dealers will have one or two at any given time. They come in all sizes and shapes, and the price tags vary just as much. Things like podium banners and kriegs flags tend to be a little more expensive.

Bill Shea (The Ruptured Duck) always has a nice selection of NSDAP flags in stock, to name one.

Regards, B.B.

RMD
    ?

Thanks' for the detailed response, B.B.. Appreciate it