Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nazi pennant flag One sided

Article about: Hi, Trying to get info on this flag. The story with the flag is that it came from a plane shot down over the UK. Googling I can find pennant flags (for automobiles) but they are two sided wh

maryk
    ?

Default Nazi pennant flag One sided

Hi,
    Trying to get info on this flag. The story with the flag is that it came from a plane shot down over the UK. Googling I can find pennant flags (for automobiles) but they are two sided whereas this is one sided. Hoping someone might know this flag and if it would have come from a German plane or where it would have been used. 10" long, the swastika is printed on.
    Thanks for any information.
    Mary
    Attached Images Attached Images Nazi pennant flag One sided  Nazi pennant flag One sided 

2. # ADS

Hi Mary, welcome to the forum!

I would certainly discount that story. The pennant iteself looks good from what I can see here. The eagle might be from a Kriegsmarine cap, better close up pics would confirm.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hello Mary, welcome to the forum.

Given that the pennant is one-sided and printed, I wondered whether it might have originally been part of a strip of decorative bunting?

Regards,

Philip

That was my thinking too Philip.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

And mine, bunting is most likely.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

My first thought was also bunting, especially given the presence of the strip of material along the edge. A car pennant would typically be found without such material, with fastening clips present to attach it to the rod on the car.

Usually the strip that runs along the top of bunting to join the flags is white and nicely done?

maryk
    ?

Good Morning,
    Thank-you all very much for taking the time to read my post and respond! Glad I found this forum, lots of information here.
    Mary

?

Quote by mattty01 View Post
    Usually the strip that runs along the top of bunting to join the flags is white and nicely done?

Matty01's pennant also differs in that it apparently isn't hemmed down the sides like the first example. However, there must have been many, many different producers of this bunting across Germany, which would account for differences in specification. Given the Nazis' love of spectacle, there must have been hundreds of miles of this bunting turned out.

Philip

The manufacture of items like this were not regulated by the RZM so variations in construction must be expected.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.