Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Need help! DAF flag pole topper..opinions

Article about: I'm looking to possibly buying this DAF flag pole topper. Any opinions? I've never had a topper and I know very little other than what they were used for! Thanks Bill

I'm just very cautious because I have overpaid for items in the past and it is not a good feeling. I realize value is in the eye of the beholder, but there is a limit because if I buy something and find out I overpaid, the item loses alot of it's excitement (at least for me it does). I overpaid (twice the value) for an EK1 only to find out it was really worth half of what I paid. That EK1 is in a box now because I'm embarrassed about it because I foolishly paid way too much for it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help!  DAF flag pole topper..opinions
    P
    Many

?

Hello Bob,
    You referred to this being for the DAF Honor flag. Out of curiousity what from the picture makes this the finial used for the Honor flags? I can't see the color of it from the photos that's why I ask.
    thanks
    Bill

It is gold color

Quote by Duzig View Post
    Hello Bob,
    You referred to this being for the DAF Honor flag. Out of curiousity what from the picture makes this the finial used for the Honor flags? I can't see the color of it from the photos that's why I ask.
    thanks
    Bill
    The standard DAF pole top was made of aluminum. As excalibr stated, this top is gold matching the honor flag. It is a very rare pole top as is the flag. It is only the second gilt DAF top I have encountered in many years of collecting.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

$300 is a decent price. If you can find it's like cheaper, I'd suggest buying it. They display excellently.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by excalibr View Post
    I'm just very cautious because I have overpaid for items in the past and it is not a good feeling. I realize value is in the eye of the beholder, but there is a limit because if I buy something and find out I overpaid, the item loses alot of it's excitement (at least for me it does). I overpaid (twice the value) for an EK1 only to find out it was really worth half of what I paid. That EK1 is in a box now because I'm embarrassed about it because I foolishly paid way too much for it.
    Your ek1 were given a man for killing other men. All ek1 are different since the price had to paid in new blood everytime.
    Dont collect with a fear for paying to much, or to little. Collect with the passion for studying and learning of our common history.

The second you manage to stop thinking about " monetary value", then your items turn into very interesting objects in a new light.

I gladly pay every dime i have on my account to get something i want, even if the "value" is only a fraction. This i do because i do not collect for resell in mind. I collect purely out of studying history.

Display your ek1, allow yourself to laugh alittle over yourself everytime you start thinking of what you paid for it. Life is to short to trying to do everything perfect.

I understand your point very much. I do have alot of items in my collection that I look at with a personal, emotional view. Mainly paper items...photos, documents, letters, etc. I guess I never really gave the medals and their meanings as much as the paper items. Just because there is no picture of man (or woman) on the medal does not mean it wasn't personal. I will get that medal out and display it. Thank you. Kind of an eye opening moment. And thank you all for the comments. I'm going to try to get the pole topper. Not necessarily for monetary value but also for the personal value---it stood for all the hard working people at the factories. Even though they were the enemy, they were still doing the same thing the allied countries were doing. Thanks again

In my eyes, rarity generally outweighed expensiveness...and this topper is a Rare animal...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    $300 is a decent price. If you can find it's like cheaper, I'd suggest buying it. They display excellently.
    Agreed. 275-325 is a fair price considering this one. $100 would be stealing it. I always say if you have not seen something or run across a rarity buy it.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast