Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Need help! DAF flag pole topper..opinions

Article about: I'm looking to possibly buying this DAF flag pole topper. Any opinions? I've never had a topper and I know very little other than what they were used for! Thanks Bill

?

Hello all,
    Thanks for clearing up my question about why this was for the honor flag. I did not see where it said the color of it was gold, my apologies. Nice item for sure, and in beautiful shape. I think it'd be a nice buy at the price of 300.00 or so mentioned. Good luck
    Duzig(Bill)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help!  DAF flag pole topper..opinions
    P
    Many

Another question...is this topper reproduced (like just about everything German and WWII related)?? If so, how can you tell if it is original or not? Would this topper be brass (hence the gold color), or would it be an alloy with a gold wash over it? He sent me some other pics and it looks like there is quite a bit of the gold missing in the new pics he sent me. I'll try to post them. thanks

Need help!  DAF flag pole topper..opinionsNeed help!  DAF flag pole topper..opinions

- - ------- - -

Just posted the 2 extra pics I received. It also looks lie the screw post inside is broken or missing? Hard to tell.

Quote by excalibr View Post
    Another question...is this topper reproduced (like just about everything German and WWII related)?? If so, how can you tell if it is original or not? Would this topper be brass (hence the gold color), or would it be an alloy with a gold wash over it? He sent me some other pics and it looks like there is quite a bit of the gold missing in the new pics he sent me. I'll try to post them. thanks
    I would see no reason to reproduce such an obscure item. The other example I have seen was also gold wash. I doubt that very few members here have ever had the opportunity to examine one of these in hand. Further, they likely were not even aware of it's existence.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks for the reply Bob. I have no idea because this is my first topper purchase (hopefully if all goes well anyway). I've seen toppers before, but I never had the chance to buy one. It kinda looks like the first pics I got the gold looked good, but then the next pics (the ones above) show it alot more worn that I first thought. I'm supposed to meet him Sunday and I'll look at in person. That is why I'm cramming to get as much info as possible so I can make a good decision.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3