Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSDAP Banner for opinions - odd red color

Article about: I picked up this banner from WAF, the pictures weren't great, but it was inexpensive and the seller is a lifetime member. It arrived yesterday, and the red is one I've not yet seen on an NSD

Default NSDAP Banner for opinions - odd red color

I picked up this banner from WAF, the pictures weren't great, but it was inexpensive and the seller is a lifetime member. The flag has ties at the top, and a sleeve above the gold tassels to add a rod for weight to hold the banner down.

It arrived yesterday, and the red is one I've not yet seen on an NSDAP flag. It's not the tomato orange color usually seen, but a cherry red color. It's always hard to tell from photos because digital cameras often crush the blue tones making these look more red anyway. But, this one really is different, but maybe some were this color of red?.

Also, I can't tell if the roundel is the gold or brown tone because of age and poor storage and care, or originally was like that. The banner feels dirty, and it has a strong old smell to it, so the whole color thing may just be age and storage related. Nevertheless, this one is really puzzling, and I was hoping to get opinions on it.

The construction looks okay, the fabric feels dry and rough like a Gosch flag, and is thin. But I can't tell if the colors have changed over the years or if it's an old reproduction. All thoughts would be much appreciated.

NSDAP Banner  for opinions - odd red color

Here's a shot showing the comparison to another flag that was shot under the same light on a different day:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Banner  for opinions - odd red color
    P
    Many

?

I like it and think it is fine.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Hi
    I am by no means an expert on these banners but when I do add them to my collection it is through the family provenance
    What you mentioned about the smell of the piece would give me a comfortable feeling.

I would go with my gut feeling of does this feel like an 80 year old piece of kit or something newer!

I like the flag but would have only paid what I thought it was worth

Regards
    Doug

Nice period original flag. Reproductions were not made with this much detail years ago. They were usually printed in inferior material.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hi, I must agree with Bob, Original. The colors varied through the years, from almost a brick or blood red to the more orange color you posted. It is a fine banner. K

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I really wasn't sure about the red, but I'm glad to hear it's okay. The flag shows its age compared to the minty flags I've bought up until now. But, in a lot of ways that gives it some character, and I've been wanting to get into some used stuff that shows its age.

I will be glad when it has aired out a bit though, as the musky old smell is strong and fills my little hobby room.

Quote by KEVIN23 View Post
    Hi, I must agree with Bob, Original. The colors varied through the years, from almost a brick or blood red to the more orange color you posted. It is a fine banner. K
    Do you think that makes this a more early banner?

MAP
    ?

Looks great Scott. My unit flag is the same color.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by avenger View Post
    Do you think that makes this a more early banner?
    Difficult to tell. It is not real early as those pieces had the static swastika.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Good point Bob. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast