Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP early flag/banner info needed

Article about: This one has a straight swastika roundel,all the rest I own are a canted swaz.When did they change to the quarter turn swaz?I am thinking this must be from the early to mid 30s,the flag has

Default NSDAP early flag/banner info needed

This one has a straight swastika roundel,all the rest I own are a canted swaz.When did they change to the quarter turn swaz?I am thinking this must be from the early to mid 30s,the flag has a darker red field than most nsdap flags I have seen.This is a double sided 3 piece construction with a sleeve for a pole on one end.The swaz roundel has some wrinkling but no holes,needs ironed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP early flag/banner info needed   NSDAP early flag/banner info needed  

NSDAP early flag/banner info needed   NSDAP early flag/banner info needed  

NSDAP early flag/banner info needed  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP early flag/banner info needed
    P
    Many

here is a pic from 1923 at the first big nazi ralley in Munich showing new variations of the party flag,you can see several straight swaz flags in the pic.,Hitler liked the canted style and went with that one early on,so who knows how old this flag/banner is,at any rate its early IMO.Its a vet bringback.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP early flag/banner info needed  

I wish I could help Toecutter but beyond my knowledge base. The stitching looks more modern compared to other period items. It maybe correct as I have not seen before.
    John

Thank John appreciate it!Its an original period flag,seen enough to know that,anyway just a different variation,being double sided 3 piece construction tells me its at least an earlier flag.I kept it because I didn't have an example of one.

Nice to see another original item and I learned yet again. Thanks for posting.
    John

Hi TC..I would say the swaz was turned to Hitlers desire in the late 20s...some of our advanced collectors will be able to narrow down the time frame.

I can only compare time period to which some of these items were produced such as the 1929 SA / SS eagle with the modern twist swaz. There may be earlier time period prior to 1929 of some of these update items.

Let the SS researchers chime in on the time frame.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry!Possibly as early as the late 20s then.
    Last edited by Toecutter; 07-06-2018 at 12:33 AM.