Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP Flag - Any Information Please

Article about: Hello Gentlemen, I recently purchased this flag, measures 78cm x 150cm from a acquaintance, whose job is clearing out properties and selling off the contents, he found this flag, rolled up u

?

Default NSDAP Flag - Any Information Please

Hello Gentlemen,
    I recently purchased this flag, measures 78cm x 150cm from a acquaintance, whose job is clearing out properties and selling off the contents, he found this flag, rolled up under a deceased farmer's bed. I have no reason to believe that it is a reproduction / fake, but would like to make sure.
    The flag - one sided, appears to be made in two piece construction, red background, on which is sown large white circle. The black swastika appears to be printed on the white circle. The flag's bottom corners left & right have weights sown into them. Have found no stamps or markings on the flag. The hanging pole came together with the flag.
    I do have a couple of questions about the flag, which members may be able to help me with, (1) what's the purpose of the flag? (2) can you tell if its early or late war ? (3) how does the condition match up against other flags, you have seen?
    Any information welcome
    Regards
    AlecH
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Flag - Any Information Please   NSDAP Flag - Any Information Please  

NSDAP Flag - Any Information Please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Flag - Any Information Please
    P
    Many

Default Re: NSDAP Flag - Any Information Please

Hi Alec, all looks fine to me.

Some kind of wall drape.

Printed items tend to be later than all sewn multi part versions, but it could still be pre war at that.

Cheers, Ade.