Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

NSDAP Ortsgruppe Schwerin - Löwenplatz fahne

Article about: Not my photos but my flag Too big to lay out anywhere at home and outside is not suitable this time of year... Anyway, it's rough but a real Ortsgruppe flag. This one is for the Ortsgruppe o

Not a bad way of putting it straight... and, of course, totally true!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Ortsgruppe Schwerin - Löwenplatz fahne
    P
    Many

TJR
    ?

Hi, new here. I came across your forum link while researching a flag I have that my Dad brought back when he served over in Europe during WWII. Trying to get a better idea of its worth before I attempt to sell it before contacting any sites on the web that sell WWII military relics. I believe its a NSDAP Ortsgruppe flag with a canton Fellbach-Nord 17. I'd appreciate any advice you can offer. Thanks, TJR

MAP
    ?

Welcome. Photos are a must. Recommend you start a new thread. We would be happy to help verify its authenticity and such.

There are a number of dealers (depends on where you live) that will take items on consignment and should be able to help you with values.

That said, I always encourage people to keep these items in the family. It is part of you family history that once sold will be gone forever
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TJR
    ?

Default Fellbach Flag Question

Trying to navigate thru posting a new thread but will quick post for now, I'll get some better pictures up too. As to keeping this flag in the family we talked about and agreed we really don't have a solid story as to how my father acquired this flag. He was in Africa and Italy and was seriously wounded in Italy then returned to the states, so he did not make it into Germany let alone Fellach. We'd keep the flag if we had even a thread of evidence on how this came into our possession. Working on getting some better photos and opening a new thread. TJR
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Ortsgruppe Schwerin - Löwenplatz fahne  

The flag is not NSDAP but NSBO, a Nazi related labor organization. Welcome to the forum and we are glad to assist you with identification. It is an early flag as it has the static swastika in lieu of the rotating one. The forum is an educational organization and not a free appraisal service. If you wish to obtain a value for the flag, I would sugest going to several dealer sites to get some idea what retail is on the piece. Condition appears to be an issue as it appears the pole mounting rings are missing and there is a tear in the flag. We have a For Sale section and would appreciate it if you offered this to the membership.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

bigmacglenn1966 (in an earlier post): I suppose that every Ortsgruppe had one of these with the locality indicated on the panel.

Here two samples after a re-organization in late 1938 for some districts (information from the Verordnungsblatt der Reichsleitung der NSDAP).
    I know there exists an address-book from early war that includes the Ortsgruppen from that moment. I was never able to buy me a copy, due to
    the amount of pages (some thousands). Believe me there are lots of them and so lots of flags.

have a look at Landshut, earlier (above) are the names mentioned as were to be found on flags.
    With the roman numbers this is from September 1938 and were then found on flags.

NSDAP Ortsgruppe Schwerin - Löwenplatz fahne have a look at Zeitz

TJR
    ?

Default More Details and pictures

Hi, Read your post Bob I guess I need to do some more research on the NSBO. The flag is approximately 54" X 48" with 5 rings, and the fringe is gold in color. I'm not sure where you saw the tear in the flag at Bob, but I'll get it looked at again and document any visible damage. My initial priority is to identify the flag first then try to figure out what it's worth, knowing that it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Knowledgeable, unbiased input as to it's identity was what I needed first and why I first chose this forum for some help. Your help is greatly appreciated. TJR
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Ortsgruppe Schwerin - Löwenplatz fahne   NSDAP Ortsgruppe Schwerin - Löwenplatz fahne  

An NSBO-flag is like the flag for the NSDAP-organization, which has silver frings (silbernen Fransen);
    it's size globally 1.20 x 1.40 mtr. The patch is black, edged with a 5.0 mm wide cord. Is it possible that what you
    see as gold, is just the patina coloring? I do not collect, so I do not know about prices!

Within the patch one can find the name for the Ortsgruppe, along with a number for the concern the flag is related to.
    The numbering for the flag was in the hands for the Ortsgruppen-Amtsleiter and is to be found beneath the name.
    The companies were listed alphabetical and so the number was given.

Fellbach is located above Stuttgart in the staten Baden-Württemberg, near Waiblingen. I have not ever found a list
    which gave the number, along with the name for the company.

TJR
    ?

Well thank you all for clearly identifying the background of this flag. Our grandfather was born in Schönfeld Austria, but we unfortunately did not learn how to speak any German from him or my father and a lot of the research documents I find on the internet are written in German. However, I will continue researching this flag a little more now that I know exactly what to direct my searches at. Thanks, TJR

TJR
    ?

Thanks again for getting me pointed in the right direction on the flags identity, and I would be happy to list this flag in your For Sale section Bob once I can figure out what its value is.

TJR

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast