Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

NSDAP Ortsgruppe Schwerin - Löwenplatz fahne

Article about: Not my photos but my flag Too big to lay out anywhere at home and outside is not suitable this time of year... Anyway, it's rough but a real Ortsgruppe flag. This one is for the Ortsgruppe o

TJR
    ?

You may be correct about the fringe Wilhelm, after a closer look (see attached photo) looks more platinum than gold. So the fringe could be silver and not gold. TJR
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Ortsgruppe Schwerin - Löwenplatz fahne  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Ortsgruppe Schwerin - Löwenplatz fahne
    P
    Many

TJR
    ?

Bob, you suggested going to several dealer sites to get some idea what a retail price would be on this flag. Do you have any that you can recommend that I can begin with? TJR

The fringe is silver without any doubt!

MAP
    ?

I'm sure others will have more suggestions but a few to check out are The Collectors Guild, Lakeside Traders, Time Travel Militaria. A Google search should help as well but be careful that they are reputable dealers.

In fact here is a link for an NSDAP flag. Note that these are full retail prices. Not what you should expect. Different rules of thumb to go by but I would guess a 20% to 25% off if these prices are fair. You should also compare to a few examples as much is dependent on condition, rarity , etc.

Time Traveler Militaria - WW2 German NSDAP Flag
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TJR
    ?

Thank you all for your help, and I have one last question on my mind. If the fringe color is silver and not gold is this most likely a NSDAP or NSBO flag.

MAP
    ?

A few other sites. Note however that they may not have this particular type flag at this time or the exact type. And some that do, they are already sold and may not list the selling prices. And as noted above, these are retail prices, some of which are IMHO way too high.

Flags, Banners & Pole Tops

Time Traveler Militaria - WW2 German Flags and Banners

GERMAN FLAGS | IMPECCABLE STANDARDS

WWII German Flags, Banners & Pennants for sale and wanted

Wittmann Militaria - Flags & Cloth Items Section

http://www.brentsantiques.com/cgi-bi...at=176&Sub=726
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

As posted previously, it is a NSBO flag
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

great looking flag! wouldn't mind it in my collection!

Shouldn't this all be split into a new thread?

Anyway, I see there's still some confusion on the owners part re. the identification of the flag: to the best of my knowledge, and as noted previously, it is the color of the canton (corner patch) that identifies this as a NSBO flag... the fringe does not come into play, although it is just as silver (only age toned) on this NSBO example as it would be on any NSDAP flag, like mine.

Personally I rate these lower than NSDAP examples, I believe the market in general does as well. Some of the examples you have been given are inflated dealer prices for NSDAP flags, some perhaps with more desirable traits than others even. I know of an NSBO flag up right now for around $500 and that is from a dealer... private owner/collector to collector is another thing entirely.

TJR
    ?

I believe the vote is unanimous as to this being a NSBO flag, thank you for solving the identity of this flag and all your help. TJR

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast