Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions on my wall hang

Article about: Hi, Could I trouble you for your opinion on this piece? The "flag" was purchased from a well known dealer. The cloth has a few stains but no rips. As you can see there is a strange

Default Opinions on my wall hang

Hi,

Could I trouble you for your opinion on this piece? The "flag" was purchased from a well known dealer. The cloth has a few stains but no rips. As you can see there is a strange circular shadow line on the reverse. The Swaz is three piece construction, if you look at the center of the swaz on the reverse you can see a small bit of black thread presumably used during its construction to keep it centered. The wooden rod and hanging device is my own creation. Dose anybody have photos of what an original wooden rod would have looked like?

Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on my wall hang
    P
    Many

This is more so a podium banner than a flag, I would agree that it is period and a rather early piece. Most likely home made supporters item or for a local small hall or area.
    Morris

We do not allow the use of outside photo hosting sites here.
    Please upload your photos directly to this thread using this method. You can edit your first post to do this.
    Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Morris,

Thank you for the reply, I really appreciate it!

Ralph,

I'm sorry about the photos. I'm using the mobile app and it doesn't seem compatible. When I get back to my desktop I will update the thread.

Looks like it was pieced together from a larger flag/banner.

Interesting idea, I guess it could have been, although none of the thread glows under black light. If modified it must have been done long ago.

Thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate it!!

MAP
    ?

Quote by Falling down View Post
    Interesting idea, I guess it could have been, although none of the thread glows under black light. If modified it must have been done long ago.

As Morris and Reichpapers noted, maybe an home made piece.

I just picked up a similar "home made" banner that used to have another roundel on it like yours.

Home made NSDAP Flag
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Sorry, I should have clarified. I wasn't inferring that it was done recently. Most of your pictures show the darker material, that most likely was under the rondell of a larger flag.

This DAF flag has a similar shadow, and other signs of rework... You can see the shadow of the larger circle. But rather than being darker, it looks lighter, as it is cleaner. The white has stitching holes that happen to trace out a larger swastika. The swastika is not centered (is it resting or moving?), seweing is horrendous. That aside, it's probably my favorite DAF flag, due to these same issues.

Opinions on my wall hang
    Opinions on my wall hang
    Opinions on my wall hang
    Opinions on my wall hang
    Opinions on my wall hang
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on my wall hang  

I trust that test more so with the fabric, not with thread. I can go on ebay and buy 100 year old thread on the cheap.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast