Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Opinions on my wall hang

Article about: Hi, Could I trouble you for your opinion on this piece? The "flag" was purchased from a well known dealer. The cloth has a few stains but no rips. As you can see there is a strange

Great banners/flags guys!! Thank you for posting. I had never considered that the shadowing on the back could be from a larger roundell and evidence of reworking. I can't see any "stitch holes" around the shadow but I'll check again.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on my wall hang
    P
    Many

?

Quote by MAP View Post

I just picked up a similar "home made" banner that used to have another roundel on it like yours.

Home made NSDAP Flag
    When I saw the OP's banner. I thought wow that looks like the same design on Michael's banner.

More proof in the pudding!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

I'm absolutely stunned...

I took a better look at my banner and sure enough I can see the original stitch holes. I shined a light behind it, you have to look really hard in the photo but it's there. Mine is obviously a "rework" from a larger flag. Now my question is, why would this have been done in the first place?

I was 99% sure it was original now I'm absolutely convinced of it.

In all seriousness, I'm astonished at the level of knowledge on this forum and I'm very grateful for your help.

MAP
    ?

We can only guess why this was done. Maybe the larger flag was damaged? Given the very large size of the original swastika there was quite a bit of fabric to work with.

But with "one off" pieces it is near impossible to tell.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

As nbushyager stated in the other thread, this may have been a school project. The sewing skill on these is well below amateur. I wouldn't be surprised if it was assembled by small children being taught in school. Old flags could have easily been donated for this. Either way, I find it interesting.

Yes, it is very interesting

?

it looks like a home made piece

Alejandro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2