Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this an original Reichskreigsflag? HELP!

Article about: Jayman, did you get the flag?

?

Default Is this an original Reichskreigsflag? HELP!

"I have re-posted this because i realized i didn't put it in the right category.....sorry" I am new to collecting and am thinking about purchasing this flag but have not seen a red hoist end online. I was told the flag measures 33" by 22.5" and has no markings This is the only picture that was sent to me. He is a private dealer in my area but for my sake i just wanted a second opinion. He wants $500. Should i proceed with the purchase? PLEASE help I want this style flag to be my first flag
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this an original Reichskreigsflag?  HELP!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this an original Reichskreigsflag?  HELP!
    P
    Many

Default re: Is this an original Reichskreigsflag? HELP!

we need some better pictures mate!
    Atleast I doo, but I have my doubts on this one.

As said in previous posts, this flag is perfectly genuine and in fine condition. They did, indeed, make an all red edged Kriegs flag and, although it isn't as commonly seen as the white edgers are, they are, nonetheless, genuine wartime manufacture. One was recently posted here by Stinschen that was nearly identical to this one-it was made in France. $500 is the high end of the value of this piece, but it is a nice small displayable size and an interesting variant. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Good I didn't say it's a fake
    But the colours looks too bright to me, but as I said, I'm no expert

The colors are alright, the flag just seems to be in good condition, many of them are, in fact - and most will look "too bright" until you see them in person

Jayman, it is always a wise thing to do to ask for additional photos.

Here is the one I posted earlier before the old thread got deleted. I almost bought it. French made and M/Adler marked.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this an original Reichskreigsflag?  HELP!   Is this an original Reichskreigsflag?  HELP!  

Last edited by Little Mermaid; 01-02-2012 at 06:06 PM.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

Jayman, welcome to the forum. A little tip regarding purchasing items, and especially those being offered by unknown sellers, is to ask for additional photographs. Try to obtain pictures of the areas that should be marked by the manufacturer, and photographs taken in natural light will always help tremendously when one is attempting to verify an item. So, as Christina has already stated above, always ask for more pictures. I would even advise doing this if you know for certain that an item is original, because you need to know that the advertised piece actually belongs to the seller, and he/she isn't just using images from somewhere else. These are dangerous lands we travel...tread carefully.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Carl

A tip - always ask for a photo of the item for sale displayed by today´s newspaper or the seller´s name, if possible
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

Thank you everyone for the advice! I plan on seeing the flag in person when i purchase it. I just wanted to do some research and get others opinions before i purchase it and kick myself in the butt later on. I spent hours looking at different flags/reference sights and couldn't find one with this style end and decided i need to ask for help. I plan on buying quality stuff and sitting on it for a long time so i don't want to mess around. Wagriff as you said in the other post I do also prefer the white fly end better but i can't find any to my liking on any of the bigger sights at the moment ( Ex. Marine approved stamp, Maker marked size 50x85,80x135, or 100x170 with no holes... yes I'm being fussy). Wittmann Antique Militaria - Imperial German & Third Reich Artifacts had some nice ones but i was too late and they sold. Thanks again!

?

It certainly is a nice looking intact flag, but at 500$ its a high price for its size and without maker marks

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    It certainly is a nice looking intact flag, but at 500$ its a high price for its size and without maker marks
    i will try to get it for $400-$450 i guess and $450 is the most and is still high

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast