Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Original swastika flag?

Article about: Hello, Somebody offered me this flag. He became it from a Us veteran who took the flag away in ww2. What is it worth? Is it a real one? 75 cm x 55 cm

Default Re: Original swastika flag?

It's an interesting piece, unlike any I have seen or could find. Most flags I have seen that have the swastika by itself (not attached to or part of an insignia) have the white disk behind it. The closest I can find at least as far as the swastika with no disk goes is this RAD replica flag. All the one's like it I could find seem to have a black border around the swastika & yours doesn't appear to. I think some closer up pics of your flag might help someone come to a better conclusion. I think if it is original it's quite an uncommon item judging by the responses of others and everything I could find. I'm eager to see what more people think.Original swastika flag?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original swastika flag?
    P
    Many

OFW, does know his stuff, I have seen his posts on WAF, this one is still odd, he posted pictures of other examples, the swaz on this one should be at an angle at least ????

It may well be an early hand made flag, which had many many variations for designs. That or it may be possibly an obscure foreign Nazi branch. In either case, the construction looks proper and of the period. As I said before, I like it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Just out of curiosity,and I know it's not a standard of determining originality these days but have you black lighted it by chance?

?

Ps
    The veteran took the flag from Italy.
    Here some more pictures:

Original swastika flag?

Original swastika flag?

?

as it is a static swastika, would this be an early banner, or political one,forgive my ignorance.george

?

Original swastika flag?

Original swastika flag?

?

all i do is sit on my laptop and research since my stroke, and this forum has excelled my interest, i beleive this banner with fine construction manufafure is genuine 3rd reich,,,,,,,,just my opinion ofcourse, regards george

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2