Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzer Flag? Is this the correct size?

Article about: by doomtown Here's some pics of my new flag, the Vet's items and an engineer/truck driver(like the gentlemen that this lot came from). I believe that this is the unit that he was attached to

?

Default Panzer Flag? Is this the correct size?

Hi,
    I found this flag because the Kriegsmarine Flag that I want is unavailable for a month for so. Is this the correct size for a panzer recognition flag, or would it have been used by another type of vehicle? I've seen two types of flags, the short square type and the long rectangular version that this one is. Does anyone know which flags were used for what?

PS. Flag is long, so I had to take two pics and they don't line up just right, sorry about the optical dissonance!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer Flag? Is this the correct size?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Panzer Flag? Is this the correct size?

I think the short was, but also the balkin cross was used. (may have spelled it wrong)

?

Hmm, I wonder what this size flag was used for then... I've seen period photos of the small ones on the back of the Panzer, and once saw a photo of GI's with a "captured panzer flag" that was this size. I think I've read that the "Balkan Kreuz" was meant for use, but only near the end of the war and didn't get used much as the Germans weren't flying as much as they used to, and may not have even been distributed. GI's liked to grab flags from factories as far as I understand, haha. Thanks for the response Franz!

It looks OK from the photo. Knowing the actual size would help....

Cheers, Ade.

little square one for vehicles like schwimmwaggen (pardon the spelling) and the kubelwagen and the big long one for tanks such as panzer iv
    sizes would help

tom

?

Great, thanks fellas! It's part of a lot from the vet along with his medals, signed by all the guys in his unit, I'm really, really excited to get this in the mail! I can measure it when I get it in a few days and I can give a better description than "uh... it's long and thin..." haha. Thanks for the replies to my vague query though. Does anyone recognize the "A" patch in the photos? I'd really like to research this guy and find out more about the history of the unit.

Panzer Flag? Is this the correct size?Panzer Flag? Is this the correct size?Panzer Flag? Is this the correct size?Panzer Flag? Is this the correct size?Panzer Flag? Is this the correct size?

?

Very cool, Thanks for posting!
    ~Dean

The "A" patch is from the U.S. First Army. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Here's some pics of my new flag, the Vet's items and an engineer/truck driver(like the gentlemen that this lot came from). I believe that this is the unit that he was attached to:
    121st Engineer Battalion (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Panzer Flag? Is this the correct size?Panzer Flag? Is this the correct size?Panzer Flag? Is this the correct size?Panzer Flag? Is this the correct size?Panzer Flag? Is this the correct size?Panzer Flag? Is this the correct size?Panzer Flag? Is this the correct size?Panzer Flag? Is this the correct size?Panzer Flag? Is this the correct size?Panzer Flag? Is this the correct size?

Are the helmets part of the vet lot? Please post them!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast