Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Panzer Flag? Is this the correct size?

Article about: by doomtown Here's some pics of my new flag, the Vet's items and an engineer/truck driver(like the gentlemen that this lot came from). I believe that this is the unit that he was attached to

?

Default Re: Panzer Flag? Is this the correct size?

Quote by doomtown View Post
    Here's some pics of my new flag, the Vet's items and an engineer/truck driver(like the gentlemen that this lot came from). I believe that this is the unit that he was attached to:
    121st Engineer Battalion (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Attachment 242133Attachment 242139Attachment 242138Attachment 242137Attachment 242136Attachment 242135Attachment 242134Attachment 242131Attachment 242132Attachment 242140
    Nice collection there mate.
    Just a minor point though. In the photo with the medals, shoulder flash and rank chevrons, (bottom right pic'). The chevrons should be POINT UP.
    Nit-picking I know, but its a minor thing to spoil a good display for.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer Flag? Is this the correct size?
    P
    Many

?

oops! Thanks Jimpy!

?

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but the flag measures approx 78 inches by 32 inches (1.98 m x 0.8128m), would this have been on a tank, or something else entirely?

Personally, I think it's a normal building or street banner. The only Panzer type flags I've ever had are the square ones with the huge swaz. This one looks like your regular civilian banner.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Hi William, it's one sided with four grommets, which I thought made it for vehicular use?

4 grommets could, of course, indicate a vehicular use, but it could also simply be a flag that was hung with all 4 corners secured. The size would possibly be something that would drape over a transport style truck etc.-the type you always see troops in with the canvas roofs. Or then again, it could simply be hung on a building, etc. It is kind of a universal style of flag, I'd say! Makes for a great display, in any case!
    William

Update: I've been doing more than a little sniffing around for info on these 4 grommet flags, and I'm thinking that you're pretty much spot on-it sure looks to be a vehicular flag after all! I think that the Panzers were more for the large circle/ square body style air ID flags, but flags like yours could have been on most any type of vehicle. It could, of course, still be hung on any number of solid structures as well, but it's looking more than likely that it's a truck or car type of flag! It's in great shape too! Makes for an impressive display!
    William

?

Quote by doomtown View Post
    Hi,
    I found this flag because the Kriegsmarine Flag that I want is unavailable for a month for so. Is this the correct size for a panzer recognition flag, or would it have been used by another type of vehicle? I've seen two types of flags, the short square type and the long rectangular version that this one is. Does anyone know which flags were used for what?

Attachment 238851
    Attachment 238852

PS. Flag is long, so I had to take two pics and they don't line up just right, sorry about the optical dissonance!
    Damn I am glad you said something. At first I thought I needed new bifocal glasses.

?

Thanks William! I wonder if it's possible to tell what the flag was used for via it's size, like you can do with Kriegsmarine flags? Probably not, but thanks for the info! I can't really display it much because of neighbors, it does it's job a bit too well, very visible!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2