Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Party Banner

Article about: Hy guys! Just wanted to get some opinions on this banner. Iv spent so much time and effort researching badges and other insignia that when something like this comes along I am totally lost.

Default Party Banner

Hy guys! Just wanted to get some opinions on this banner. Iv spent so much time and effort researching badges and other insignia that when something like this comes along I am totally lost. My first impression is that its authentic because it just looks old and soiled. I know that is not reason enough to buy it so that's why I'm posting it here. On the other hand the sewing job looks a little inferior to stuff I have seen while searching the forum. I did check it over with a black light and it seems to be made of period material but I'm no expert. The banner measures approximately 3' by 26". Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Kirby
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Party Banner   Party Banner  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Party Banner
    P
    Many

Default Re: Party Banner

It looks real, a bit battered and tired, probably cut down at some stage, not worth a great deal, but nice all the same

Thank you John!
    Kirby

Because of the lack of quality, I would bet this was produced for vehicle identification in the field and not intended for public display.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by Steven M View Post
    Because of the lack of quality, I would bet this was produced for vehicle identification in the field and not intended for public display.
    Quite possibly, like being placed on the bonett of a vehicle! However I am unsure what fixings it would have required & if they were everfitted to this?
    Dan

Steve & Dan, thanks for the additional thoughts. Its mine now! This has become an addicting hobby. Cant wait to see what turns up next and what I can get away with regarding my wife's tolerance of Third Reich militaria.
    Thanks guys
    Kirby