Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Please help - 2 flags - tri-color and red

Article about: Please help. I have been offered these two flags. I have to make an offer so I want to know: Are they authentic? What is an approximate value of each? Tri-color flag is 3 1/2 x 6ft the Red f

Default Please help - 2 flags - tri-color and red

Please help.
    I have been offered these two flags.
    I have to make an offer so I want to know:
    Are they authentic?
    What is an approximate value of each?
    Tri-color flag is 3 1/2 x 6ft
    the Red flag may actually be a banner and is 11 feet 4 ft (no marking on red flag).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help - 2 flags - tri-color and red   Please help - 2 flags - tri-color and red  

Please help - 2 flags - tri-color and red   Please help - 2 flags - tri-color and red  

Attached Images Attached Images Please help - 2 flags - tri-color and red 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please help - 2 flags - tri-color and red
    P
    Many

Both flags are period authentic. As to value, the forum is not a free appraisal service. May I suggest you ch3eck prices on various dealer sites. Neither flag is rare so the price should be reasonable. Good luck.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thank you for your help.

Hi, I must agree with Bob, both look to be original, period pieces. They are both "National" flags of Germany, so, quite common. Going by size, the swastika one is a banner type. Size, single or double sided, construction, and of course, condition, all play factors in value. Like Bob said, we are not here as appraisers, but not being of the "exotic" type, they should be fairly affordable. In my experience, the bigger the flag, the harder it is to sell, so sometimes one is able to get a large size banner/flag at a pretty good bargain. In this instance, I may give a little more value to the tri-color flag because of size, and nice makers tag. Hope this helps.

agreed both very nice genuine historical items,.i like them alot

Thank you for your help.
    I got them in hand yesterday and took a few more photos.
    I do believe that the swastika flag is a BANNER.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help - 2 flags - tri-color and red   Please help - 2 flags - tri-color and red  

Please help - 2 flags - tri-color and red   Please help - 2 flags - tri-color and red