Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pole Topper

Article about: Hello all - wanted to share some photos of a newly acquired piece. I've only seen one other example out there like this one and it was missing the piece that attached it to the flag pole. Th

Default Pole Topper

Hello all - wanted to share some photos of a newly acquired piece. I've only seen one other example out there like this one and it was missing the piece that attached it to the flag pole. There are no markings that I can see and it has some good weight to it. Any input is welcome....especially if anyone knows the manufacturer or dates used. Thank you!

Pole TopperPole TopperPole TopperPole Topper

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pole Topper
    P
    Many

imo its a cast fake.not for me.

?

I would agree with Harry, sorry. This piece appears to lack the quality of period workmanship.

Seriously? I appreciate the input, but wouldn't be so quick to discount it as a fake. This is an assembly of multiple pieces that are quality made brass/chromed pieces. The screw threads that attach the flag pole cup to the topper is threaded with a tapered tip, which is consistent with many other early pole toppers. I've yet to see a fake constructed like this.

?

Should this form of pole topper not have the equator band ball base though..?

I agree with the opinions of my colleagues. I would request a refund. This is not a design used in the period.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

That's disheartening. Thanks for the input Gentlemen.

I did find some other pictures for review.

Pole TopperPole TopperPole Topper

?

The wreath in the period image certainly appears much broader.

Quote by CARL View Post
    The wreath in the period image certainly appears much broader.
    Yes. Upon closer inspection, you're correct. In the period picture, it also looks like the perch the eagle is sitting on is raised above the wreath...not so in this example.

Bob/Carl/Harry - I respect your opinions and appreciate the input.

?

Hello,
    Was this item up for sale on WAF? I saw it there myself and thought the detail on the eagle itself was not that good and that the swastica looked strange,particularly with the one side different than the other. The polecup looked good so that kind of threw me off too. Not being an expert on these items I was hoping that someone with more knowledge would bring up any concerns but next time I looked it had already been sold. I"m glad to see that others had concerns with it, and I hope you can return it with no problems.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast