Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Possible NSDAP Flag for review

Article about: Hi everyone, I had this NSDAP flag come into the shop I work in today, and I have a few concerns about it. It is decently sized at 76x35", and doesn't glow. The roundel is one piece. Th

Default Possible NSDAP Flag for review

Hi everyone,

I had this NSDAP flag come into the shop I work in today, and I have a few concerns about it. It is decently sized at 76x35", and doesn't glow. The roundel is one piece. The fabric has been wrinkled due to how it was stored, but I still cant discern if it is truly oblong when I correct it. It is unmarked, and has four grommets - possibly for being attached to the roof of a vehicle? Any thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks,

John

*sorry about the color, camera isn't cooperating
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Possible NSDAP Flag for review   Possible NSDAP Flag for review  

Possible NSDAP Flag for review   Possible NSDAP Flag for review  

Possible NSDAP Flag for review   Possible NSDAP Flag for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Possible NSDAP Flag for review
    P
    Many

By the grommets, looks like it's a vehicle flag..........
    Regards,

Steve.

100% period original vehicle identification flag.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Awesome! Thanks for the input you guys I've haven't seen anything nice come in for a while, this is refreshing.

no problem with that.

JMM
    ?

Very nice flag

I personally have never seen a repro flag that was ever built as good as an original. Very solid, nice flag!

Years ago, they used to call these big swastika flags "Tank Flags", but in reality, they were simply, as said, vehicle ID flags. They were used with the notion that it might prevent the crazy Luftwaffe pilots from dive bombing and strafing their own side's trucks and vehicles, and sometimes it actually Worked. But, as always, it was never a safe thing to be seen from the air moving by the Luftwaffe... And, yes-it's a fine looking flag with no see-able problems that I can discern. These make great display pieces! Nice find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Thank you for that clarification of vehicle identification flag William. I was starting to wonder "That's one big ass flag to be flying on the fender of a vehicle" But using it as you described now brings to mind pic's of it use in that manner.
    Thanks
    Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Nice flag. I picked one up years ago. They display well.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)