Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

RAD Standarte...considering

Article about: Hello, I have been looking for a few years for a nice RAD Standarte. I have only seen a couple in all my years and they were in very tough shape. This one has only a few moth holes and looks

Definitely period original. I have owned two of these and the workmanship is identical.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD Standarte...considering
    P
    Many

?

Thanks Friends. I am in negotiation with the wife and owner as we speak so by next week I will know if it will happen or not. Right now I am bartering a couple items of mine and some cash. I will see what comes of it.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Thanks Friends. I am in negotiation with the wife and owner as we speak so by next week I will know if it will happen or not. Right now I am bartering a couple items of mine and some cash. I will see what comes of it.
    Hey Kirk... Just a note... I noticed when you first joined The WRF you mentioned you do not sell your relics..
    That being said, I had taken a pause.. Because I sold some of my collection in order to further my interests..
    I sorely regret that decision as I have squandered a nice S.S. Feldgendmerie gorget and a couple of nice wound badges including a great zinc flak badge... Just some thoughts you had passed on to me in previous posts..
    I wish you the best and I will be in Stillwater,MN soon... If time permits maybe some time we can arrange a get together... All the best "Rad Brother" G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Hey Kirk... Just a note... I noticed when you first joined The WRF you mentioned you do not sell your relics..
    That being said, I had taken a pause.. Because I sold some of my collection in order to further my interests..
    I sorely regret that decision as I have squandered a nice S.S. Feldgendmerie gorget and a couple of nice wound badges including a great zinc flak badge... Just some thoughts you had passed on to me in previous posts..
    I wish you the best and I will be in Stillwater,MN soon... If time permits maybe some time we can arrange a get together... All the best "Rad Brother" G
    You know it. Call me when you are here. Lots of great beer in Stillwater. Luckily it is my birthday today and father's day is around the corner. My bride is as good as they get. I know the angst you speak of from a couple trades and moves in the past. Always a regret to let a piece go. Mainly it sounds nuts but the pursuit, time, energy, research, work & memory of procuring an item makes it even brutal to consider bartering. My goal is to try to come to a fair price with the owner and see if I can buy it outright. I am willing to pay up a little but cannot go nuts unfortunately. Well...Wifey already knows I am nuts a bit. Thanks for your encouragement. Stay in touch and I will keep you posted on this chase. As Wilhelm Stated I really wished it had the unit named so I am a little hung up on that. About 5 years ago I saw one at a Vet Auction and it went for $600 and was pretty stained but had unit and the pole. Still kicking my noggin for not buying it.

?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    You know it. Call me when you are here. Lots of great beer in Stillwater. Luckily it is my birthday today and father's day is around the corner. My bride is as good as they get. I know the angst you speak of from a couple trades and moves in the past. Always a regret to let a piece go. Mainly it sounds nuts but the pursuit, time, energy, research, work & memory of procuring an item makes it even brutal to consider bartering. My goal is to try to come to a price with the owner and see if I can buy it outright. I am willing to pay up a little but cannot go nuts unfortunately. Well...Wifey already knows I am nuts a bit. Thanks for your encouragement. Stay in touch and I will keep you posted on this chase. As Wilhelm Stated I really wished it had the unit named so I am a little hung up on that. About 5 years ago I saw one at a Vet Auction and it went for $600 and was pretty stained but had unit and the pole. Still kicking my noggin for not buying it.
    Been there, done that ... TC Kirk... Happy hunting and I look forward to many new finds in the future !!
    I will post a "New Find" in the morning... A Rad sport shirt and swimming trunks... Perhaps more... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Been there, done that ... TC Kirk... Happy hunting and I look forward to many new finds in the future !!
    I will post a "New Find" in the morning... A Rad sport shirt and swimming trunks... Perhaps more... G
    Atta Rad Man! Look forward to seeing them.

Nothing wrong with that flag, for sure. The workmanship is absurdly excellent! No faker would go to That level! And, btw...hope you had a great Birthday,Kirk! (You share a BD with Stevie Nicks!) Good luck on picking up your flag!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

MAP
    ?

G/Kirk,

Still got that RAD undershirt if either of you need it for a mannequin...no cost...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2